Advice on 'trades' please

Old Oct 28th 2008, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

ziggi will become famous soon enoughziggi will become famous soon enough
Question Advice on 'trades' please

Hoping someone may be able to offer some advice on my trade status in NZ.

My girlfriend is a Chef, so she is on the Skill level 2 Part A list. But me, I'm a little confused as to where I fit in.

I have a 4 year M.O.D Trade apprenticeship as a Smith (metal worker) Worked within 'Metal fabrication' hands on for 5 years, but then went into 'Plastic Roto-moulding' product design and fabrication; then went into Production/Operations Managment for the last 10 years. What should I be looking at in order to get a work permit in NZ? Metal Fabricator, Sheet metal trades worker or Manufacture/Production Manager? My Management knowledge and experience is purely work based, no nice bits of paper to say I've attended this or that course; just worked my way up (if that makes sense)
I'm sort of maybe a 'hands on all rounder' so where do I fit? Any advice on the 'best' area I should be looking at to get a permit?

Does that all make sense as to where I'm coming from?

Ziggi