Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Advice NZIS re-calculating points lost 50!

Advice NZIS re-calculating points lost 50!

Old Jan 11th 2011, 8:07 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Advice NZIS re-calculating points lost 50!

Originally Posted by Olivesk
We've had a positive development (at last!!). I've been offered a job. The employer knows what INZ need from him and he's sorting that at the moment. Just one question, will he need to prove that he can't fill the vacancy locally? As usual the NZIS website is abiguous, as I'm filling a job on the LTSSL then no he doesn't, however another part of the site says i don't qualify for LTSSL as i'm not qualified due to the Post-Grad NOT being a Bachelor's.
If the job is an occupation that is on the LTSSL then the employer does not have to prove there is no NZ resident or citizen that could do that work. He is free to offer you employment. The shortage is already proven by the NZ Dept of Labour and that is why the occupation appear on the shortages lists.

Yes. You , as an individual , do need to prove that you have the qualifications, skills and work experience for that job. That is a separate issue.
Something from the employer stating the you are admirally suited to the work will help underpin your application.

If you can demonstrate that your qualification contains the same content or covers the same areas as the listed qualification, then it may be considered with your application.
from HERE
Old Jan 14th 2011, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Scousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BEVS
If the job is an occupation that is on the LTSSL then the employer does not have to prove there is no NZ resident or citizen that could do that work. He is free to offer you employment. The shortage is already proven by the NZ Dept of Labour and that is why the occupation appear on the shortages lists.

Yes. You , as an individual , do need to prove that you have the qualifications, skills and work experience for that job. That is a separate issue.
Something from the employer stating the you are admirally suited to the work will help underpin your application.

from HERE
At the moment I've got into a massive debate with immigration which has now included the official registration board for my profession.(thanks BEVS&Bolton 1 SWRB have been great!) It appears the rules changed in Nov 2010 (I submitted my EOI on 3rd Nov - gutted!) and there is a massive issue now in regards to evidencing your quals against NZ quals as stated under immigration policy. I've not tried to do it with a job offer yet, I am still trying to get my quals assessed based on the LTSSL but I'm not sure I will be successful due to the changes. Basically although immigration have called upon registration boards, industries and employers to advise them in regards to comparing overseas quals they have now set up their own rules which for my profession contradicts what the actual employment industry wants/requires. For me my quals will always be better but different therefore it will never be 'comparable' - at this stage anyway! Even the board I've to register with as a profession have now put a complaint in about it as it's basically preventing people from being successful with their applications. I'm not even sure with a job offer whether I would still be successful because I still have no guarantee my quals are 'comparable' to NZ under the new rules. It says it all when your own profession board (the NZ one) is even disputing the rules. So please be aware. I can only hope my IQA evidences some comparability. It's basically about ensuring NZ people come first in regards to employment opportunities - which I'm all for, but it's a concern when they are preventing people from overseas gaining employment in areas identified as having shortages. It won't help improve NZ's economical situation or society by doing so. But it will gate keep.
Old Feb 6th 2011, 8:14 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Oh goodness. I've only just read this.

It's not the first time a change in NZIS policy has created a problem of this nature.

A few years back they changed the policy for plumbers by saying they had to have NZ registration in order to get the 50 points for their overseas trades quals. Trouble was....and still is.... that you can't get NZ registration in the trade without doing a 4 day course + exams+ assessments which is only held in Wellington NZ. Prior to that change of policy, it was if your trade quals were comparable as assessed by the NZ reg board.

Even the board I've to register with as a profession have now put a complaint in about it as it's basically preventing people from being successful with their applications
I'm very pleased to read that. It would be good to know how they get on.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

Scousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BEVS
Oh goodness. I've only just read this.

It's not the first time a change in NZIS policy has created a problem of this nature.

A few years back they changed the policy for plumbers by saying they had to have NZ registration in order to get the 50 points for their overseas trades quals. Trouble was....and still is.... that you can't get NZ registration in the trade without doing a 4 day course + exams+ assessments which is only held in Wellington NZ. Prior to that change of policy, it was if your trade quals were comparable as assessed by the NZ reg board.

I'm very pleased to read that. It would be good to know how they get on.
I have the circular put out by immigration but it's too long to cut and paste this is the link (I hope I'm not good at this!) http://www.immigration.govt.nz/NR/rd...ifications.pdf.
It explains things on assessment a bit further as I've noticed lots of 'assessment' questions in the forum. It's how me and swrb have both interpreted things unless we've both got it wrong! I'd be happy to be proven wrong!!