Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Adult Sibling Category - I have a case officer..... what happens now?

Adult Sibling Category - I have a case officer..... what happens now?

Old Apr 26th 2011, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

NIKKI SNELL is a jewel in the roughNIKKI SNELL is a jewel in the roughNIKKI SNELL is a jewel in the roughNIKKI SNELL is a jewel in the roughNIKKI SNELL is a jewel in the rough
Default Adult Sibling Category - I have a case officer..... what happens now?

i am applying under the adult sibling catagory and wondered if anyone knew if i have a telephone interview?

thanks
Old May 2nd 2011, 8:55 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I have a case officer..... what happens now?

Sorry that you've had no replies....this one won't help.
Could I ask how long since you first sent your application in? Sis in law is in the process of applying.
Old May 3rd 2011, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

NIKKI SNELL is a jewel in the roughNIKKI SNELL is a jewel in the roughNIKKI SNELL is a jewel in the roughNIKKI SNELL is a jewel in the roughNIKKI SNELL is a jewel in the rough

hiya... i put my application in 1st december 2009.

they said it would be 15-24 months before i got a case officer but i got mine begginning of March this year!

hope this helps
Old May 4th 2011, 6:28 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that.
Seems they picked your file up at the exact minimum quoted, could make things close here.
As far as we're aware, your sibling status "entitles" you to the visa as long as you qualify on all counts, so there shouldn't be any need for an interview. Our biggest saving grace is that sis in law lived in tenerife for fiteen years, so wasn't resident in UK with the remaining rellies. just be nice if she got an officer soon
Old May 4th 2011, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve
Thanks for that.
Seems they picked your file up at the exact minimum quoted, could make things close here.
As far as we're aware, your sibling status "entitles" you to the visa as long as you qualify on all counts, so there shouldn't be any need for an interview. Our biggest saving grace is that sis in law lived in tenerife for fiteen years, so wasn't resident in UK with the remaining rellies. just be nice if she got an officer soon
yeah i was surprised to get one so quickly

when did she put application in?
Old May 5th 2011, 8:07 pm
HAPPY AS...

Just found out that she only put it in in January, so probably have to try and extend her work visa again.
We were told 18-24 months, so probably be another year at least.
Old May 5th 2011, 9:58 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Adult Sibling Category - I have a case officer..... what happens now?

It's no help to either of you at all, but I'm rather interested, as it's something we don't often see here.

Can the adult sibling come out to NZ coz the weight of family is here? How does it work please?
Old May 6th 2011, 9:30 am
HAPPY AS...

Default Re: Adult Sibling Category - I have a case officer..... what happens now?

As far as we're concerned, the sibling is coming because the sibling sponsor (Haze) is here, and the the sponsee ((?) Haze's sister) is resident in a country where no other family live, ie Tenerife with all rellies in UK.
Old May 7th 2011, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold4pommes is a splendid one to behold

They won't consider anyone with a surviving parent in the country they are leaving.....even if the family are distant and have no contact....