36 year old wanting to stay in nz HELP!

Old Dec 10th 2008, 6:50 am
Just Joined

gimley is a jewel in the roughgimley is a jewel in the roughgimley is a jewel in the roughgimley is a jewel in the rough
Default 36 year old wanting to stay in nz HELP!

Hi,
I am looking to stay in NZ - i cant apply under the accrediated category even though work have agreed to sponsor me, i am just below the 55k salary category so that any good.
My job is not on the LTSS so cant do that.

My brother has just got his residence (3 months) i believe i might be able to get him to sponsor me is this correct.
I would really appreciate the help.

oh ye i am 36 years old as well.

Thanks
Old Dec 10th 2008, 9:12 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: 36 year old wanting to stay in nz HELP!

Originally Posted by gimley
Hi,
I am looking to stay in NZ - i cant apply under the accrediated category even though work have agreed to sponsor me, i am just below the 55k salary category so that any good.
My job is not on the LTSS so cant do that.

My brother has just got his residence (3 months) i believe i might be able to get him to sponsor me is this correct.
I would really appreciate the help.

oh ye i am 36 years old as well.

Thanks
Going on what you say, the only way you can stay in NZ is to apply for a temporary work permit.
As you know , to use the work to residence route towards PR you must be earning $55K+.
I believe your brother would need to be a Permanent Resident for 3 years before being able to sponsor you. Further , you will need to show you have no other immediate family living outside of NZ i.e. the UK or wherever your home country is.

links:-

Sponsorship requirements
The family category
Requirements