Your advice please!!

Old Nov 19th 2004, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

graceusa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Your advice please!!

Hi, all

I just got my PR visa and planed to land very soon. But I am not sure whether I want to bring my toddler kids with me. Here are my questions. Please give me your advice!

1. I would like to land by myself first, then start to find a job. After everything is settled (I assum it will pass our landing deadline), I will sponsor my kids to join me later. So for the dependent children sponsorship, do I need to meet the minimum income requirements? And how long it will take for the sponsorship application?

2. Comparing landing with my kids at same time, which means there are lot of difficulties to start new life in a new place, (because I am not the rich person who is ready to spend a lot) to landing by myself first and sponsor them later, anybody think which is the better option for me?

Thanks a lot!

Grace
Old Nov 19th 2004, 5:53 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your advice please!!

Hi Grace

Originally Posted by graceusa
Hi, all

I just got my PR visa and planed to land very soon. But I am not sure whether I want to bring my toddler kids with me. Here are my questions. Please give me your advice!

1. I would like to land by myself first, then start to find a job. After everything is settled (I assum it will pass our landing deadline), I will sponsor my kids to join me later. So for the dependent children sponsorship, do I need to meet the minimum income requirements? And how long it will take for the sponsorship application?

2. Comparing landing with my kids at same time, which means there are lot of difficulties to start new life in a new place, (because I am not the rich person who is ready to spend a lot) to landing by myself first and sponsor them later, anybody think which is the better option for me?

Thanks a lot!

Grace
Probably better to have the kids "land" with you and then send them home to wait while you get accommodation and a job. They will be able to remain outside Canada for up to 3 years and still maintain PR. It will save a lot of aggravation and re-sponsorship and there is probably very little difference in a return airfare compared to 1-way.

PMM