Yorkshire to Calgary

Old Jul 9th 2022, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

r3verend is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Yorkshire to Calgary

hi there, I know this has probably been asked million times, but I'm really wanting to move to Canada, but no idea where to start, whether to use a representative (upto 3k apparently) or not, I've been on some sites and none make no sense, If anyone can help or point me in the right direction this would be great, thanks for your time!
Old Jul 9th 2022, 10:24 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yorkshire to Calgary

Hi, welcome to BE. .... Please take a moment to read the Site Rules.

There are several options and routes to a visa, employment, and residence in Canada, so please can you tell us a little more info about yourself, your age, family, career/qualifications etc.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jul 9th 2022 at 10:58 pm.
Old Jul 9th 2022, 10:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Always a good place to start:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...te-canada.html

Old Jul 9th 2022, 11:09 pm
Just Joined

hi thanks for the reply, I'm 42, single qualified vehicle technician and mot tester, and have equivalent to gcse level C in English, Maths and I.T, cheers

Old Jul 10th 2022, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

Ling_Noi is an unknown quantity at this point

NOC sounds like it would be:

9522 Motor vehicle assemblers, inspectors and testers C

Possibly:

7321 Automotive service technicians, truck and bus mechanics and mechanical repairers B
7322 Motor vehicle body repairers B

The latter (Bs) might qualify you for an application under the Federal Skilled Trades Program.
Old Jul 10th 2022, 9:28 am
Just Joined

www.canada.ca/en/immigration...
I have looked on here, but answering the questions they saybi dont qualify, not sure of this is down to an emglish/french test that needs to be done, but i have spoke to a representative and answered all questions and they said I do qualify, so juts not sure what to do, I know it sounds daftvbut I don't suppose there's anywhere that's a more easily understood way of doing it, just getting lost the more and more I look, sorry for being a pain
Old Jul 10th 2022, 11:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by r3verend
www.canada.ca/en/immigration...
I have looked on here, but answering the questions they saybi dont qualify, not sure of this is down to an emglish/french test that needs to be done, but i have spoke to a representative and answered all questions and they said I do qualify, so juts not sure what to do, I know it sounds daftvbut I don't suppose there's anywhere that's a more easily understood way of doing it, just getting lost the more and more I look, sorry for being a pain
You're not being a pain at all, that's what we're here for.

So are you saying yes to the English test question? You're not eligible without one, so that will be why the test is saying you're not eligible. So say yes to that for now (you can just assume max points for now as a native English speaker), and then let us know that changes it.

Also, what amount are you putting for proof of funds? That's often another common one where people fail the eligibility.

Take the test again and let us know what it says. If it says you're eligible then that's great, but it's only the first step - it means you're eligible to enter the pool of applicants. But once in the pool, only those scoring high enough are selected and invited to apply for PR. So you next need to check your score on the CRS tool - https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigr...d/crs-tool.asp

Again, let us know what that says too. The good news is that the points threshold for FST applications is lower so hopefully you'll be eligible.

No need to use a representative unless you have complicated circumstances (criminal record, medical issues etc). £3k would actually be very cheap, a reputable one would normally be £5k+ for a PR app, so definitely save your money towards the move as that's expensive enough without throwing consultant fees in to it as well!

HTH.
Old Jul 16th 2022, 1:18 pm
Just Joined

sorry, not had chance to get on here, so calculated my score it's only 278, could do with a nomination from a state to boost my score it seems, is there anywhere that I can look where I just get a list of what I need to do from start to finish, seems everywhere I look it tells me something different, and I'm useless with all this, thanks
Old Jul 17th 2022, 9:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

sorry, not had chance to get on here, so calculated my score it's only 278
Do you know your NOC code? Can you double check that and let us know?

could do with a nomination from a state to boost my score
Province…..Canada doesn't have states. May not be needed depending on other factors.

is there anywhere that I can look where I just get a list of what I need to do from start to finish, seems everywhere I look it tells me something different, and I'm useless with all this, thanks
We can help you with that once we've helped you work out a visa route, but each route has different requirements so it will depend on various factors. Can you tell us your NOC code and give us a breakdown of your score (for example, did that include 50 points for a job offer or provincial certification, or was it 278 without that)?. We can then try and help you work out if you'd be eligible for the Federal Skilled Trade route, and what you'd need if so.

​​​​​​​
Old Jul 17th 2022, 10:52 am
Just Joined

hope this helps,
NOC code Skill Level B
my score is now 328
​​​​278 for core/human capital factors
25 for skill transfer factors
apologies for the state/province mix up, 🤦🏻
thanks
Old Jul 17th 2022, 1:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

hope this helps,
NOC code Skill Level B
my score is now 328
​​​​278 for core/human capital factors
25 for skill transfer factors
apologies for the state/province mix up, 🤦🏻
thanks
That's your NOC Skill Level, but what's the actual code?

And can you give a breakdown of your score? A precise one so we can see if there is any way for you to get more points or if you'll lose points soon due to age, etc?

Thx.
Old Jul 18th 2022, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

hope this is what you need, thanks
NOC code 7321

Your results

All Express Entry candidates get a score out of 1,200, based on the four parts of the Comprehensive Ranking System formula.

We invite the highest-ranking candidates from the pool to apply as a permanent resident through regular “rounds of invitations.” See what minimum scores have been in the past.

Core/Human capital factors

• Age = 28
  • Level of education = 128
  • Official Languages = 130
    • First Official Language = 130
    • Second Official Language = 0
  • Canadian work experience = 0
Subtotal - Core/Human capital factors = 286

Spouse factors

• Level of education = 0
  • First Official Languages = 0
  • Canadian work experience = 0
Subtotal - Spouse factors = 0

Skill transferability factors

Education (to a maximum of 50 points)

• A) Official Language proficiency and education = 50
  • B) Canadian work experience and education = 0
Subtotal = 50

Foreign work experience (to a maximum of 50 points)

• A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 50
  • B) Canadian and foreign work experience = 0
Subtotal = 50

Certificate of qualification = 0

Subtotal Skill transferability factors = 100

Additional points (to a maximum of 600 points)

Provincial nomination = 0

Job offer = 0

Study in Canada = 0

Sibling in Canada = 0

French-language skills = 0

Subtotal Additional points = 0
Comprehensive Ranking System formula grand total = 386
Old Jul 18th 2022, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

not sure what's happened there, but yes I'm 42, so apart from that everything else is right thanks
Old Jul 18th 2022, 9:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

not sure what's happened there, but yes I'm 42, so apart from that everything else is right thanks
That’s how many points you got for your age. Age 42 = 28 points.

I’ll take a proper look tomorrow, but on an initial glance it looks as though you’d be eligible for the Federal Skilled Trade program.
Old Jul 18th 2022, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

hope I'm eligible, I desperate to get over as soon as possible, I really appreciate your time with all this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.