Yipppppppppppppppppppppeeeeeeee

Old Jun 28th 2006, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Steve and Linda will become famous soon enoughSteve and Linda will become famous soon enough
Default Yipppppppppppppppppppppeeeeeeee

Well, we got fed up of waiting and decided to join our friends who were going over to BC for recce. So within 24 hours we had everything booked, and guess what...the Saturday that we flew, we found that a letter from CIC had dropped on the mat asking for medicals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Almost 2years to the day since AOR. We're both feeling a bit stunned because we'd almost given up. Now the serious stuff starts.

ps. Whilst we were over there, we had a lady run into our car, then we got a flat tyre and then a 48 delay at the airport.
Old Jun 28th 2006, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Steve and Linda will become famous soon enoughSteve and Linda will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Yipppppppppppppppppppppeeeeeeee

Forgot to add that we are one of the 'June delays'! So they must be getting through the files.
Old Jun 28th 2006, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

Tiggy has a brilliant futureTiggy has a brilliant futureTiggy has a brilliant futureTiggy has a brilliant futureTiggy has a brilliant futureTiggy has a brilliant futureTiggy has a brilliant futureTiggy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Steve and Linda
Forgot to add that we are one of the 'June delays'! So they must be getting through the files.
Congratulations to you and enjoy the moment - from meds to visa things move fast.

Regards
Tiggy
Old Jun 28th 2006, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Hope it does move quickly, we can't wait to get over there, particularly now as we have reinforced to ourselves the reasons we love Canada so much. Our one big stumbling block could be selling our house - it's a renovated farmhouse in the Lake District, and even though it's gorgeous, things don't seem to moving. If any one out there knows someone who would like it let us know and we will forward details.
Old Jun 28th 2006, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

debiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud ofdebiharper has much to be proud of

Hope it does move quickly, we can't wait to get over there, particularly now as we have reinforced to ourselves the reasons we love Canada so much. Our one big stumbling block could be selling our house - it's a renovated farmhouse in the Lake District, and even though it's gorgeous, things don't seem to moving. If any one out there knows someone who would like it let us know and we will forward details.

Fantastic you must be so excited.I love hearing about everybody getting their visas, must be quiet nerve wrecking as well as exciting.

My friend has just launched a website enabling people to sell their own houses and redundant buildings it might be of use if you want to advertise it yourself .www.redundantbuildings.com its getting a lot of hits,you never know might be worth a try.

Good luck with the move.
Old Jun 28th 2006, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

Annie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Well done.It's nice to know Cic are still moving the files, if only slowly.
If you heard within the delay time they set then hopefully we will. We are delayed until Sept 06.I know our day will come.

Good luck with your move.

Annie
Old Jul 6th 2006, 11:19 am
Missing my family so much

H143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud of

Congrats!
Old Jul 6th 2006, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

Cumbrianbob is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Yipppppppppppppppppppppeeeeeeee

Well done guys, I'm excited for you. Hope it all goes through with the house, remember to look at selling your house as a holiday home for those 'Darn Sarf' won't make you popular with the locals though, but hey your leaving.

Where abouts in Cumbria you from, I'm from Penrith originaly but live in Manchester now.
By the looks of things I have a good 3 or 4 years to wait seeing as I only got my AOR in Oct 2005, ho hum. Mines a pint of Castle Eden when I get there please.

Cheers
Old Jul 6th 2006, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Hi
Cumbrianbob,

We are in Kirkby in Furness just outside Ulverston but I'm originally from Manchester and Steve was from Wigan.

Hopefully things will speed up and it won't take as long as you're thinking. Def have a pint ready for you, where are you hoping to settle?
Old Jul 6th 2006, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

Cumbrianbob is an unknown quantity at this point

We have our eye on settling in Calgary, I work for IBM so will hopefully be looking at them initially and also do the rounds of going to agencies.
Like the city life, but I am an outdoors type when ever I get the chance, Can often be found at the top of snowdon, tucking into Kendal Mintcake!
Funnily enough my uncle has just moved to Newbey-Bridge, gets an Ulverston post code for his sins, hahahhah

So where are you guys looking at going, BC?
Old Jul 6th 2006, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Cumbrianbob,

We definitely don't want city! We too are outdoor types and moved to Cumbria nine years ago cos we found we were always up there walking, canoeing and even the odd bit of easy climbing.
Not sure where we will settle but at the moment we like Chillcoatin (think I've spelt that wrong) and the Okanagan.

Steve's first degree is in Wildlife mgt. and conservation and there's very little work in the UK so he did his PGCE and for his sins he is now a primary school teacher!
:scared:
Old Jul 9th 2006, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

apfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant futureapfairhurst has a brilliant future

Hello Steve & Linda. Congratulations on receiving your med requests. It seems that when ever people go on holiday, the med requests land on their door step. We on the other hand put our house on the market and 30 minutes after the agent put the for sale sign up, the postman delivered our med request. Yes it does get very quick from now on, no sooner had we attended our medicals, the Visas were issued. We are now waiting to complete on the House and aim to leave end of July. Regards.
Old Jul 10th 2006, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all

Hi,

Congrats and wish you best of luck for your medicals

regs
Old Jul 10th 2006, 2:28 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Steve and Linda

Brilliant news

Hope it all goes well for the both of you

Keep us all posted on any future events

Eddie