Wikiposts

Yet...Another RCMP Question

Old Sep 1st 2004, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

dextroyer is on a distinguished road
Question Yet...Another RCMP Question

Hello. Thanks in advance for any advice

I am in Vancouver, BC as a student I applied at the Canadian Embassy in Mexico city (which is one of the fastests) I got my AOR 2 months ago, I know I have to wait a while to get the IA. But I was thinking about asking for my finger print check from the RCMP to save time (since it takes about 5 months).

My question is: When they send you the IA do they send you any special forms to send to the RCMP? or can I do it now just with my client ID number? should I wait until I get the IA? Also do they send the finger print check back to you or do they mail it directly to the embassy?

I have read all the instructions in the canadian mexico city embassy website and it does not give any info about RCMP checks like the one from Buffalo does.

What should I do?

Thank you
Old Sep 1st 2004, 5:03 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Yet...Another RCMP Question

Just go to local RCMP, police station or fingerprinting service, have your fingerprints taken and submit them to RCMP with your file number.

Originally Posted by dextroyer
Hello. Thanks in advance for any advice

I am in Vancouver, BC as a student I applied at the Canadian Embassy in Mexico city (which is one of the fastests) I got my AOR 2 months ago, I know I have to wait a while to get the IA. But I was thinking about asking for my finger print check from the RCMP to save time (since it takes about 5 months).

My question is: When they send you the IA do they send you any special forms to send to the RCMP? or can I do it now just with my client ID number? should I wait until I get the IA? Also do they send the finger print check back to you or do they mail it directly to the embassy?

I have read all the instructions in the canadian mexico city embassy website and it does not give any info about RCMP checks like the one from Buffalo does.

What should I do?

Thank you
Old Sep 1st 2004, 7:04 pm
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Just go to local RCMP, police station or fingerprinting service, have your fingerprints taken and submit them to RCMP with your file number.
Do they send it back to your home address or to the embassy where you applied?
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 7:28 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mhhp

Originally Posted by mhhp
Do they send it back to your home address or to the embassy where you applied?
They are supposed to send the results to the CHC where you applied, but it seems in a number of cases they have been sending the results to the applicant, I guess in some cases the RCMP are unable to follow instructions.

PMM
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

Iggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it ever too early to send fingerprints to the RCMP. I am sending in an application in April 2005 to sponsor my common law partner and I realize that the RCMP process takes a good 5 months. If I got them to send the results to me and then include them in my package would that work?

We are already preparing our package for April (which is when she will have lived with me in Canada for 1 continuous year) and are looking at what we need to prepare early so as to save us time later on. Medicals we will wait till around March to do, but RCMP we are unsure of when to get started. Please advise if any of you can.

Thanks!!!