Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

WP processing times (with medical) London

WP processing times (with medical) London

Old Oct 18th 2007, 5:52 pm
  #1  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
boxerdog03's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Okotoks and settled.
Posts: 1,739
boxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond repute
Default WP processing times (with medical) London

CIC received my WP application TODAY. How long have WP applications been taking, especially those that require a medical?????? Want a guesstimate on when I need to have sold the house for.

Sharon
boxerdog03 is offline  
Old Oct 18th 2007, 5:55 pm
  #2  
Seasoned Maritimer
 
Tangram's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick CA
Posts: 8,309
Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WP processing times (with medical) London

Originally Posted by boxerdog03
CIC received my WP application TODAY. How long have WP applications been taking, especially those that require a medical?????? Want a guesstimate on when I need to have sold the house for.

Sharon
Mine took 8/10 weeks without medical and so I didn't wait and got it at port of entry after 6 weeks waiting. They eventually came through ( the auth letters ).
Tangram is offline  
Old Oct 18th 2007, 6:00 pm
  #3  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
boxerdog03's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Okotoks and settled.
Posts: 1,739
boxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WP processing times (with medical) London

Originally Posted by Tangram
Mine took 8/10 weeks without medical and so I didn't wait and got it at port of entry after 6 weeks waiting. They eventually came through ( the auth letters ).
Cheers
boxerdog03 is offline  
Old Oct 18th 2007, 6:02 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
 
shahzadandkelly's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: On the Canadian Road
Posts: 231
shahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really niceshahzadandkelly is just really nice
Default Re: WP processing times (with medical) London

Hi

Given my experience of trying to sell the house, I would get it on the market yesterday!

K
shahzadandkelly is offline  
Old Oct 18th 2007, 10:15 pm
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
lawson44's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Bridgewater, NS
Posts: 76
lawson44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WP processing times (with medical) London

Originally Posted by boxerdog03
CIC received my WP application TODAY. How long have WP applications been taking, especially those that require a medical?????? Want a guesstimate on when I need to have sold the house for.

Sharon
Hi Sharon

Here is our timeline:

Our work permit application received by London on 13th August.
Received request for medical on 22nd August.
Managed to book medical the day after 23rd August at Nottingham (pays to ring round would have had to wait 5 weeks for an appt at Leeds.
Authorization letters received 3rd October.
We landed on 6th October in Halifax, we took a risk that the authorization letter would arrive in time and booked the flights following confirmation from the medical centre that the medical was ok.

good luck with selling your house.
lawson44 is offline  
Old Oct 19th 2007, 6:31 am
  #6  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
boxerdog03's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Okotoks and settled.
Posts: 1,739
boxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WP processing times (with medical) London

Originally Posted by lawson44
Hi Sharon

Here is our timeline:

Our work permit application received by London on 13th August.
Received request for medical on 22nd August.
Managed to book medical the day after 23rd August at Nottingham (pays to ring round would have had to wait 5 weeks for an appt at Leeds.
Authorization letters received 3rd October.
We landed on 6th October in Halifax, we took a risk that the authorization letter would arrive in time and booked the flights following confirmation from the medical centre that the medical was ok.

good luck with selling your house.
That was quick. Puts us on track for Jan time which was what I was guessing. Congratulations on landing.

Sharon
boxerdog03 is offline  
Old Oct 19th 2007, 8:23 am
  #7  
Forum Regular
 
rena's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 44
rena is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WP processing times (with medical) London

Hi Sharon, Ours was fairly quick also. WP application 12th Sept, Medical requests 17th September, Medicals taken few days later, Work Permit issued October 10th. We did consecutive processing so the LMO was not handed in until 3rd October. Flight booked for 6th December Hotel booked all we need now is somewhere to live Start work in January. You will have to get a move on, good luck
Rena
rena is offline  
Old Oct 19th 2007, 10:09 am
  #8  
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,457
terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WP processing times (with medical) London

Originally Posted by boxerdog03
CIC received my WP application TODAY. How long have WP applications been taking, especially those that require a medical?????? Want a guesstimate on when I need to have sold the house for.

Sharon
Hi Sharon
I would have your house on market ASAP, I handed WP app in on Monday13/8, had medical request letter on Wednesday15/8. Made appt for medical 3/9 that was the earliest I could be fitted in and received WP approval letter a month later on 3/10 so wasn't long.
I would perhaps be tempted to ring medical practitioners in your area now to make appt as they're booked in advance (they will ask if you have medical form from CIC, just say yes as you will when you get there), so when you get medical request letter you won't have to wait another month to see Dr. If time is going on and you haven't rec'd letter you can always cancel.
There's a list of designated Drs on CIC website
Good luck
Terese
terese677 is offline  
Old Oct 19th 2007, 10:13 am
  #9  
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,457
terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WP processing times (with medical) London

Originally Posted by terese677
Hi Sharon
I would have your house on market ASAP, I handed WP app in on Monday13/8, had medical request letter on Wednesday15/8. Made appt for medical 3/9 that was the earliest I could be fitted in and received WP approval letter a month later on 3/10 so wasn't long.
I would perhaps be tempted to ring medical practitioners in your area now to make appt as they're booked in advance (they will ask if you have medical form from CIC, just say yes as you will when you get there), so when you get medical request letter you won't have to wait another month to see Dr. If time is going on and you haven't rec'd letter you can always cancel.
There's a list of designated Drs on CIC website
Good luck
Terese
BTW
If they ask what the form is like (as they did in Bristol to check I'd received one), its a white form with your photo on it and a CIC stamp)
terese677 is offline  
Old Oct 19th 2007, 5:17 pm
  #10  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
boxerdog03's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Okotoks and settled.
Posts: 1,739
boxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog03 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WP processing times (with medical) London

Originally Posted by terese677
BTW
If they ask what the form is like (as they did in Bristol to check I'd received one), its a white form with your photo on it and a CIC stamp)
Thanks, will phone round on Monday. Ohhhhhhhh gettin excited and scared

Sharon
boxerdog03 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.