Wikiposts

WP expires 1 week today!!!

Old Oct 24th 2010, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

ANGELA YOUNG will become famous soon enoughANGELA YOUNG will become famous soon enough
Default WP expires 1 week today!!!

OH has a WP & i have SOWP -both expire one week today! OH employer submitted request for new LMO 7 weeks ago -but we are still waiting on approval.
We have applied for PR amnd our application is in London.
I have been advised that Vegreville no linger do concurrent processing Just wanted to ask "What would be my best option now?"
Will i have to resign from my job?
Do i pray that the LMO get approved this week and we can flagpole!!
Fingers crossed
Old Oct 24th 2010, 1:22 pm
JGK
BE Enthusiast

JGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond reputeJGK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WP expires 1 week today!!!

to be fair you should have started this process much earlier. The TWP wait times at Vegreville (same employer) have been well over 60 days since at least march of this year.

With LMO's taking 2- 3 months, the process should have started at the 6 month countdown point.

Check with this post, if you get your TWP application in you will have implied status and can carry on working until the decision is made.
Old Oct 24th 2010, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

LMOs don't take 2-3 months, usually 2 weeks if it's an in demand occupation to 6-8weeks in the worst case.

You should have definitely applied for an LMO much earlier though, so you could have got the Work Permit extension underway and continued to work on implied status.

Talk to your boss about taking time off while the LMO processes. You can flagpole and reenter Canada as a visitor until you are able to get your LMO and flagpole again.
Old Oct 24th 2010, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

ANGELA YOUNG will become famous soon enoughANGELA YOUNG will become famous soon enough

Thanks JGK and Canadajimmy,

We have still got 1 week for it to comeand if not i think we will take our documents to the border(Aldergrove)and re-enter as visitors.
Its my fault i had been so busy sorting through al the PR application paperwork and completely forgot about the LMO.
When OH boss advertised the job he only advertised once!So we had to wait another 2 weeks untill he had advertised the job again!!

Thanks again.
Old Oct 24th 2010, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JGK
to be fair you should have started this process much earlier. The TWP wait times at Vegreville (same employer) have been well over 60 days since at least march of this year.

With LMO's taking 2- 3 months, the process should have started at the 6 month countdown point.

Check with this post, if you get your TWP application in you will have implied status and can carry on working until the decision is made.
I thought i could send it and would have implied status too!! I sent a PM to PMM and it doesn't seem to be the case
Its seems to be a bit contradictory!
Old Oct 24th 2010, 2:06 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ANGELA YOUNG
Thanks JGK and Canadajimmy,

We have still got 1 week for it to comeand if not i think we will take our documents to the border(Aldergrove)and re-enter as visitors.
Its my fault i had been so busy sorting through al the PR application paperwork and completely forgot about the LMO.
When OH boss advertised the job he only advertised once!So we had to wait another 2 weeks untill he had advertised the job again!!

Thanks again.
If you are up near Kamloops as per your profile, why not go over at Huntingdon/Sumas?
Old Oct 24th 2010, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Aviator
If you are up near Kamloops as per your profile, why not go over at Huntingdon/Sumas?
Yeah maybe that would be the best option.
Thanks.
Old Oct 24th 2010, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

matthewc is a name known to allmatthewc is a name known to allmatthewc is a name known to allmatthewc is a name known to allmatthewc is a name known to allmatthewc is a name known to allmatthewc is a name known to allmatthewc is a name known to allmatthewc is a name known to allmatthewc is a name known to allmatthewc is a name known to all

If you don't want to risk flag-polling, you have a couple of options:

1. Express mail a visitor extension to CPC-V. As long as it arrives before your WP expires, you have approx 90 days of implied status as a visitor before they even open the visitor extension. In that time, you can get your work permit sorted out. That'll cost you $75, but you don't run the risk of being refused entry back into Canada, and is completely legit.

2. This option is a little more dubious. Express mail a work permit application to CPC-V. If it arrives at CPC-V before your current WP expires, technically you have implied status as a worker until they open it. You could carry on working. It's bending the rules a little though, since you know your WP application doesn't include everything necessary to be approved (the LMO). However, as long as you get the LMO and then flagpole to get the new work permit before they process the extension request at CPC-V, it's unlikely to cause problems.

I'd recommend 1, but it depends how accommodating your employer is willing to be in giving you some time off while you sort out the new WP.
Old Oct 24th 2010, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by matthewc

1. Express mail a visitor extension to CPC-V. As long as it arrives before your WP expires, you have approx 90 days of implied status as a visitor before they even open the visitor extension. In that time, you can get your work permit sorted out. That'll cost you $75, but you don't run the risk of being refused entry back into Canada, and is completely legit.

2. This option is a little more dubious. Express mail a work permit application to CPC-V. If it arrives at CPC-V before your current WP expires, technically you have implied status as a worker until they open it. You could carry on working. It's bending the rules a little though, since you know your WP application doesn't include everything necessary to be approved (the LMO). However, as long as you get the LMO and then flagpole to get the new work permit before they process the extension request at CPC-V, it's unlikely to cause problems.

I'd recommend 1, but it depends how accommodating your employer is willing to be in giving you some time off while you sort out the new WP.
Thanks Matthewc,
i think i am gonna give CPC-V a call in the morning and check out my options.
Old Oct 24th 2010, 5:27 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

No longer, as #2 is considered concurrent processing, which Vegreville no longer does. You either have the LMO to apply for the WP or you don't apply. see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english//work/p...#tphp%20idtphp

Last edited by PMM; Oct 24th 2010 at 5:41 pm.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

matthewc is a name known to allmatthewc is a name known to allmatthewc is a name known to allmatthewc is a name known to allmatthewc is a name known to allmatthewc is a name known to allmatthewc is a name known to allmatthewc is a name known to allmatthewc is a name known to allmatthewc is a name known to allmatthewc is a name known to all

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi
No longer, as #2 is considered concurrent processing, which Vegreville no longer does. You either have the LMO to apply for the WP or you don't apply. see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english//work/p...#tphp%20idtphp
Right, but wouldn't they still have implied status until CPC-V refuses it? Or does CPC-V screen the application for completeness / inclusion of the LMO in advance of the 76 days processing time?
Old Oct 25th 2010, 7:04 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Right, but wouldn't they still have implied status until CPC-V refuses it? Or does CPC-V screen the application for completeness / inclusion of the LMO in advance of the 76 days processing time?
I would think that Vegreville is pre-screening applications these days.