WP application at border

Old Jun 21st 2012, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

powdaking has a spectacular aura aboutpowdaking has a spectacular aura aboutpowdaking has a spectacular aura about
Default WP application at border

Hi guys

Which is the best/easiest border to apply for a TWP? I am in High River.

Thanks
Old Jun 21st 2012, 11:25 am
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WP application at border

All borders should be able to issue you a twp, vancouver airport is the only one I have experience of and it took dh an hour and me (as he already had his and we are pnp) about 5 mins. Next time tho it took him four hours cos it was so busy. Aim for a quieter time if you can.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

powdaking has a spectacular aura aboutpowdaking has a spectacular aura aboutpowdaking has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by __TJ__
All borders should be able to issue you a twp, vancouver airport is the only one I have experience of and it took dh an hour and me (as he already had his and we are pnp) about 5 mins. Next time tho it took him four hours cos it was so busy. Aim for a quieter time if you can.
Thank you, going down this weekend as it seems to be the only time my wife and get the time off
Old Jun 21st 2012, 12:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

If you are already in Canada it must be a land border crossing. Airports will not issue TWPs for people already in Canada. Personally I would pick one of the larger crossings as some of the smaller ones dont have staff with the expertise or access to FOSS to issue TWPs.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 3:26 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Here (in Lower Mainland BC) lots of people go to Peace Arch to cross but we went to Sumas crossing, which is quite a bit quieter.
It was lovely, actually, as we were the only people in there and the border guard was so nice.
Old Jun 21st 2012, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

LMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant futureLMBrian has a brilliant future

The closest port of entry for you is Carway but check their opening hours before you go down. The other option is Coutts and is 24 hours and is also busier.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks all

I hit Coutts border, did the flagpole in just under 1 hour, border agent was very helpful and polite. Now have my open wp.

Thanks again