This would be GREAT!

Old Feb 3rd 2005, 1:53 am
The ECA Godfather

MJ23 will become famous soon enough
Talking This would be GREAT!

Would it not be wonderful, if CIC raised the passing score now? All of us waiting for passport requests with barely passing score would feel so gooood This wouldn't be funny, but I think I would laughing so hard!

This is a feel good thread for all of us waiting You are welcome guys
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 2:05 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: This would be GREAT!

I wouldn't recommend laughing at all.

Read the law, particularly this section of Regulations:

http://www.canlii.org/ca/regu/sor2-227/sec77.html

If pass mark goes above your score before your visa is issued then section 77 applies and you may not get your visa. It may not be likely, but if law is implemented as intended and written, without using any flexibility or discretion then your visa may not be issued, even after you already mailed your passport. Sorry to spoil your joy, it is not my intention. I just want to make sure that you understand that it is not over yet for you and others who think that all they are waiting for now is only passport request.

Originally Posted by MJ23
Would it not be wonderful, if CIC raised the passing score now? All of us waiting for passport requests with barely passing score would feel so gooood This wouldn't be funny, but I think I would laughing so hard!

Old Feb 3rd 2005, 2:37 am
BE Enthusiast

orazone is on a distinguished road

I think it will make me more nerves. Although I hope immigration officer will use his discretionary power for most of the cases that have already reached their final stage. It will be a waste of resources to reject all of them , all togather. But i bet it will make most of us do this --> :scared: :scared:
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 2:56 am
ABW
No driving taxi as 11/06

ABW is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Re: This would be GREAT!

Don't jinx it.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 3:13 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

This is what common sense would suggest and exactly what we all are hoping for in cases already assessed. Keep faith.

Originally Posted by orazone
I think it will make me more nerves. Although I hope immigration officer will use his discretionary power for most of the cases that have already reached their final stage. It will be a waste of resources to reject all of them , all togather. But i bet it will make most of us do this --> :scared: :scared:
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 3:37 am
The ECA Godfather

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
I wouldn't recommend laughing at all.

Read the law, particularly this section of Regulations:

http://www.canlii.org/ca/regu/sor2-227/sec77.html

If pass mark goes above your score before your visa is issued then section 77 applies and you may not get your visa. It may not be likely, but if law is implemented as intended and written, without using any flexibility or discretion then your visa may not be issued, even after you already mailed your passport. Sorry to spoil your joy, it is not my intention. I just want to make sure that you understand that it is not over yet for you and others who think that all they are waiting for now is only passport request.
Hey Andrew, who said I would be laughing of joy? It will be a nervouse break down crazy kind of laugh! I'm being realistic here, and I do understand that nothing for sure until we land! By the way, I wouldn't count on common sense too much when it comes to immigration laws!
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 3:43 am
The ECA Godfather

Originally Posted by orazone
Orazone,

Don't worry about things you can't control. I think we all should be ready for this possibility! Australia anybody?
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

blairwitch is an unknown quantity at this point

Australia anybody?
Ahhhh, no thanks!
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

bhalerao is on a distinguished road

Naah,

I dont think that it is a very time to raise the points because we are waiting 4 our ppr. I dont what would happen to quebec selected applicants as they are not assessed on the six selection factors as the Federal Skilled. Eventhough I dont wish that the points be raised that will create more panic for all those are waiting since 2000 under the Rasoz. Act.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 1:12 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Ur, yeah. My course of action would be:

1. I would laugh inanely in my sleep, wake up, tear my hear out and set fire to it ceremoniously (process of losing hair like losing mind in course of immigration process LOL) after dousing it thoroughly in Candian Rye, then I would run round the room shouting and speaking in tongues for one hour to relieve the stress and frustration, not to say disappointment.

2. Revert to Provincial Nomination Program.

3. Keep on waiting for envelopes postmarked CIC - are they red or blue ?

It's fun. Yes, really, it is.

Rich

Old Feb 3rd 2005, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

vetal is an unknown quantity at this point

Why not Australia? I heard its a good country to live in. Just curious.
Originally Posted by blairwitch
Ahhhh, no thanks!
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 3:19 pm
Account Closed

yonk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vetal
I've checked out the visa stuff for Oz and it's not easy.
Old Feb 3rd 2005, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

blairwitch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vetal
Sorry, that was just me. I am Australian, and am moving to Canada to be with my husband. If things don't work out with his sponsorship of me, then I will be looking into sponsoring him to Australia.
It was just a joke. Australia is a great country. And eventually I will want to come back here to settle, but at the moment, I miss the snow!
Old Feb 4th 2005, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

hunterh is an unknown quantity at this point

what will be the new pass mark? curious
Old Feb 4th 2005, 4:05 pm
The ECA Godfather

Originally Posted by hunterh
what will be the new pass mark? curious
It will be one point higher than your total points Who knows!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.