worthwhile waiting

Old Nov 27th 2006, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

juliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the rough
Default worthwhile waiting

Been a while since I've been in here but I think it is appropreate to give some feedback to a forum where I always found very helpfull people and a lot of answers to my questions in my nail-biting pre-move period.
It's been more than 5 months now since the big move and I still think we made a good decission .People are friendly here, they accept you very well ( got to know the language though ! ) and we just love the space over here.
I will be starting 2 businesses in a short while, so I still have to wait and see on that, but I'm pretty confident they will do good.
Anyway,what I wanted to say...the long wait is worthwhile.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all
Default Re: worthwhile waiting

Originally Posted by juliusmaximus
Been a while since I've been in here but I think it is appropreate to give some feedback to a forum where I always found very helpfull people and a lot of answers to my questions in my nail-biting pre-move period.
It's been more than 5 months now since the big move and I still think we made a good decission .People are friendly here, they accept you very well ( got to know the language though ! ) and we just love the space over here.
I will be starting 2 businesses in a short while, so I still have to wait and see on that, but I'm pretty confident they will do good.
Anyway,what I wanted to say...the long wait is worthwhile.

Good to hear that u are liking the place and getting adjusting to the new surroundings. Best wishes

regs
Old Nov 28th 2006, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

ben1970 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Julius

Long time no speak eh ?

We applied at the same time on similar visas but I moved over here about 18 months ago.

Best thing I ever did.

Good luck.

Go Leafs Go.

Ben

P.S. Bet you got snow in Barrie eh.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

juliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the rough

Hey Ben, good to see you're doing well too.
I'm not in Barrie, actuallly , we bought a house in the Town of Blue Mountain,right in the midlle of the Monterra golf court with a great view on the Blue Mountain ski slopes......and no...no snow yet. Should be coming soon, ski lifts are opening this weekend. If you're ever around, PM me and I'll give you my cell #.

Originally Posted by ben1970
Hey Julius

Long time no speak eh ?

We applied at the same time on similar visas but I moved over here about 18 months ago.

Best thing I ever did.

Good luck.

Go Leafs Go.

Ben

P.S. Bet you got snow in Barrie eh.

Last edited by juliusmaximus; Nov 28th 2006 at 11:03 pm.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 11:04 pm
Ontario

Sutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to behold

Nice to see the happy posts (note it took him 5 months as he`s having the time of his life)

Thats the thing the happy people don`t come back, they are to busy enjoying their new lifes.....

Glad all is going well for you and (family)
Old Nov 28th 2006, 11:32 pm
Here at last!!!

sydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant futuresydney has a brilliant future

Hey Ben, good to see you're doing well too.
I'm not in Barrie, actuallly , we bought a house in the Town of Blue Mountain,right in the midlle of the Monterra golf court with a great view on the Blue Mountain ski slopes......and no...no snow yet. Should be coming soon, ski lifts are opening this weekend. If you're ever around, PM me and I'll give you my cell #.
You're not too far from us then. We are over in Chesley which is west of you. My husband works in Meaford. That's a nice area you picked; a little more scenic that where we are. We have been here for 18 months and we love it. People are really nice and have helped us to feel at home.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

don't know Chelsey,but I do know Meaford, had lunch over there a couple of days ago

Originally Posted by sydney
You're not too far from us then. We are over in Chesley which is west of you. My husband works in Meaford. That's a nice area you picked; a little more scenic that where we are. We have been here for 18 months and we love it. People are really nice and have helped us to feel at home.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

Qfragger is an unknown quantity at this point

don't know Chelsey,but I do know Meaford, had lunch over there a couple of days ago
My family lived in Meaford for two years but now live in Barrie. We have seen the Blue Mountain resort grow and grow in the past 4 years and love to visit in the Summer and Winter time.

Has anyone been to the chillie cook-off at Blue? it's great fun with over 30 different kinds of chillies to try.

Laters
Old Nov 29th 2006, 11:41 am
Oakville, Ontario

dancath will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Qfragger
My family lived in Meaford for two years but now live in Barrie. We have seen the Blue Mountain resort grow and grow in the past 4 years and love to visit in the Summer and Winter time.

Has anyone been to the chillie cook-off at Blue? it's great fun with over 30 different kinds of chillies to try.

Laters
Were moving to Oakville in about a weeks time, so its good to hear stories from happy settlers in the general area...
and this 30 Chilies cook off sounds tasty....my mouth is watering a little....