Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Workinh holiday visa to Canadina experience class

Workinh holiday visa to Canadina experience class

Old Mar 15th 2009, 8:21 am
Just Joined

beckyjones99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Workinh holiday visa to Canadina experience class

Hi,

Having been worried about getting LMO and a work permit to start a job on time I Canada, I have just realised that I may be eligible for the Canadian Working Holiday Visa.

I turn 31 in a month so don't have very much time to apply.

Am I right in thinking that I can apply for this with no need to have a guaranteed job?

I have already worked in Canada for a year on a temporary work permit so following a year on a Working holiday visa, I could then apply for Canadian Experience class.

Have I got this all right? Does anyone have experience of applying so close to their 31st birthday? How soon would I have to be in Canada if the visa was granted?

Any advice would be much appreciated!!
Old Mar 15th 2009, 8:37 am
Just Joined

beckyjones99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Workinh holiday visa to Canadina experience class

Also, do I have to go through BUNAC to get this.

Or is there some other way?
Old Mar 15th 2009, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

ruaillebuaille is an unknown quantity at this point

BUNAC is the only route to getting the Working Holiday Visa. I believe you must be resident in the UK during the application process. Contact BUNAC to see if applications for this year are closed, usually they are. There should be a waiting list for 2010. As for you age, there is an under-35 visa. At this stage I would suggest contacting BUNAC and getting to know the visa package and what your requirements.

Not sure how the Canadian Experience would tie in- BUNAC visa is very specific in that it cannot be extended in any way
Old Mar 15th 2009, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

ruaillebuaille is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ruaillebuaille
BUNAC is the only route to getting the Working Holiday Visa. I believe you must be resident in the UK during the application process. Contact BUNAC to see if applications for this year are closed, usually they are. There should be a waiting list for 2010. As for you age, there is an under-35 visa. At this stage I would suggest contacting BUNAC and getting to know the visa package and what your requirements.

Not sure how the Canadian Experience would tie in- BUNAC visa is very specific in that it cannot be extended in any way

Nevermind- I have been reminded here that BUNAC only runs as far as the age of 30........
Old Mar 15th 2009, 8:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

You can apply for Bunac wherever you are (don't have to be in the UK), and you can apply before your 31st birthday, it's for those aged 30 and under, which you still are.

But, I don't know if you have to be 30 or under when the actual visa is issued - which will be after you've turned 31. That may be something to check out.

And yes, you do have to go through Bunac, and yes, you do need to apply asap - added to the fact that you'll soon 'age out', there are also only a limited number of visas available which are released each December, and last year they ran out by April. So there may not be many left!

So if you do decide that's the route for you, then get your skates on. And good luck.