Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Working holiday visa question - plz help :)

Working holiday visa question - plz help :)

Old Jul 11th 2011, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

hydrographer2004 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working holiday visa question - plz help :)

Hello,

I am a chartered accountant and am looking to emigrate to canada to work there for a few years.

Im aware my professional is no longer on the skills list and am considering entering under a working holiday visa.

My questions are:

what are the chances of getting a job in my profession and not just unskiled work?

Is it possible to get a job under this visa and then they can sponsor you for a pr visa. I have been looking on the website and cannot find whether this is not allowable.

Just trying to asses my options!

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 11th 2011, 10:53 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working holiday visa question - plz help :)

You can do any job on a WHV, as to the chances of you finding something 'skilled', that really depends on your skillset, experience, and the location. Not much help I know, but it really does depend and nobody can tell you for sure if you'll find work straight away or not.

As to going to PR from a WHV, it's unlikely (you'll normally need a LMO/TWP to get PR) but does depend on which province you are in, as some PNP's do have stream that would allow you to go straight to PR from a WHV without needing a LMO inbetween.

HTH.

Old Jul 11th 2011, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

hydrographer2004 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Working holiday visa question - plz help :)

Dont suppose you would know which provinces they would happen to be?