Work permits and study visa's

Old Mar 13th 2013, 6:09 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of
Default Work permits and study visa's

If you are granted a spousal open work permit are you then able to apply for a study permit too?

I would like to go to college to do the Healthcare Aide Certificate but cant find any info as to whether I am allowed both?

Thanks
Old Mar 13th 2013, 6:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work permits and study visa's

Read this link.
Students can either work on campus or off campus. Off campus is limited to 20 hrs per work.
So yes you can study and work but need to meet the requirements.http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work.asp
Old Mar 13th 2013, 6:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

How long is the course?
Old Mar 26th 2013, 8:12 pm
British European at heart

Arewemad is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to pop in on someone elses thread, but I am also interested in this. I am eventually going to be studying full time and will apply for a study permit to do this. However, in the mean time I am here working on a SOWP but would like to take a course that runs for 8 saturdays, 10-2 each of those days. My visa states I can not study but am I able to do this course? I had assumed I could since it is only short.

Any help would be great; I don't want to do anything I shouldn't while we're here, as eventually we would love to stay permanently!!
Old Mar 26th 2013, 8:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Arewemad
Sorry to pop in on someone elses thread, but I am also interested in this. I am eventually going to be studying full time and will apply for a study permit to do this. However, in the mean time I am here working on a SOWP but would like to take a course that runs for 8 saturdays, 10-2 each of those days. My visa states I can not study but am I able to do this course? I had assumed I could since it is only short.

Any help would be great; I don't want to do anything I shouldn't while we're here, as eventually we would love to stay permanently!!
If you wish to study in a short-term course or program
You do not need a study permit if you plan to take a course or program in Canada that lasts six months or less. You must complete the course or program within the period authorized for your stay in Canada.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-who.asp
Old Mar 27th 2013, 5:49 am
British European at heart

Arewemad is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you; that's what I'd thought, just wanted to check!!