Wikiposts

Work Permits.

Old Oct 19th 2007, 6:45 am
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all
Default Work Permits.

Hi

Do you have a job offer before applying for a work permit?

and does it need to be your current profession.

K
Old Oct 19th 2007, 6:47 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Work Permits.

Yes.

No.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Category:Work_Permits
Old Oct 19th 2007, 6:57 am
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bazzz
Hi

Thanks for the speedy reply.

How did you get a job and was it in your profession.

K:
Old Oct 19th 2007, 7:28 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KJM
Hi

Thanks for the speedy reply.

How did you get a job and was it in your profession.

K:
I drank extensively with a Canadian while he was working in London, then he gave me a job when he was in a position to do so after moving back to Canada. There are a few Canadian pubs in London, so you might want to start hanging around them. It was in the same profession though.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Check out the WIKI

There is a WIKI section here about searching for jobs and also one on how to put a Canadian Resume (CV)

HTH

gaynor
Old Oct 19th 2007, 7:45 pm
KJM
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Check out the WIKI

There is a WIKI section here about searching for jobs and also one on how to put a Canadian Resume (CV)

HTH

gaynor
Thanks Gaynor.

I will look.

K
Old Oct 20th 2007, 8:12 am
Just Joined

JL_CSIC is an unknown quantity at this point

Best advice is to contact Canadian employers from London and tell them that you are coming out for a job search and arrange a meeting. Then come out for 10 days to a 2 weeks and meet as many prospective employers as you can.

If you are a qualified tradesman, health professional or IT professional, your chances are very good...otherwise, still pretty good.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 9:35 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJM
Hi

Do you have a job offer before applying for a work permit?

and does it need to be your current profession.

K
Not necessarily x2

You can gain a WP if you want to be self employed, and that need not be related to anything you've previously had experience in.