Wikiposts

Work permit & SIN number

Old Dec 29th 2008, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

2Huskies is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work permit & SIN number

I've received my OWP today but there's no mention of a SIN number, can anyone help me in finding out i obtain one?, thanks.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 5:51 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work permit & SIN number

Hi

Originally Posted by 2Huskies
I've received my OWP today but there's no mention of a SIN number, can anyone help me in finding out i obtain one?, thanks.
Go to a Services Canada office in person and apply for a SIN. Take your passport and work permit with proof of an address. They will give you the number and you will receive the card in the mail in about 2 weeks.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Go to a Services Canada office in person and apply for a SIN. Take your passport and work permit with proof of an address. They will give you the number and you will receive the card in the mail in about 2 weeks.
Thanks, would i be able to work straight away or wait for the card?
Old Dec 29th 2008, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

Waltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud of

You can start work right away. You don't have to wait for the card.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Steph Golder
You can start work right away. You don't have to wait for the card.
Thank you, never thought i'd miss working so much.It sounds great taking two years off but the novelty sure does wear off
Old Dec 29th 2008, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

deanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nicedeanjp32 is just really nice

they will give you a receipt when you apply which has your sin on it so you can then show that to your employer.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 8:45 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Here is a link to the wiki, with some more info on re the Sin Card and a website link for places you can obtain it from

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Social..._Number-Canada