Work Experience in EE

Old May 4th 2015, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

kryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond repute
Default Work Experience in EE

Hello all,

Can someone point me in the right direction. I have declared some jobs I have held in my EE profile. These jobs can be backed up by reference letters and pay slips etc.
After finishing uni I worked for a couple of temp agencies in the UK. One of them is unwilling to write a reference letter and the other is very brief (no duties). Another job I had has since closed down so have no way of getting proof other than a company liquidation certificate.

Do you declare ALL work experience you have ever had in your EE profile or just work experience that you wish to be assessed?
EE profile just says 'does XXX have any work history' not 'please declare all work from last 10 years'.

I have tried contacting CIC with this question but got a vague reply:

Though NOC C and D occupations do not count under Express Entry, you should declare them in your and your husband’s profile; you cannot leave gaps in your personal history.
I am not intending to leave gaps in the personal history. The way this is phrased suggests that it should be in the EE profile but then references the personal history which is post ITA.

Any experience? Has anyone in the past only mentioned jobs they wish to be recognised for?

I wouldn't even know how to explain to them my temp work experience as it varied from week to week for almost 2 years.

My thoughts are that in the letter of explanation I will list those jobs and put a sentence or 2 as to why they were not in my profile and upload the liquidation proof, the brief reference letter and the 'we wont give you a reference letter' letter.

I don't want to hide the work at all...I just have no way of proving it.
Old May 5th 2015, 4:55 am
Forum Regular

kryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond reputekryt0n has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work Experience in EE

FYI I have contact CIC again to request this specifically.
I would like to know what other people have done if in a similar situation. Did you declare all your work experience on EE profile?
Old May 5th 2015, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

scootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond repute

Fill out the form with no gaps in your history,if there is not enough room put the rest on another sheet of paper and upload it with a note saying previous work history.
Old May 5th 2015, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Thank you and I will but I am talking about the online EE profile.
Currently I only have declared the jobs I can back up with reference letters.
When I get my ITA I will declare the other jobs in personal history. I just want to be sure that I don't have to declare all work experience in the EE profile.
Old May 6th 2015, 12:35 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

I thought profile and application had to match... I could be wrong. I foolishly put in our initial profile all my nursing jobs extending past the 10yrs they asked for. I then didn't dare not put them in the application and so I was required to account for them. I was able to prove time spent at hospital with courses etc but that's all- I wrote a letter accompanying explaining it all...

Last edited by Tirytory; May 6th 2015 at 12:57 am.
Old May 6th 2015, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

Erm, so I mean in 2009-2010 I did temp work that varied like crazy and they won't write a letter.
Currently it isn't in EE profile but all my other jobs are.

In my personal history I will put that time down as employed and write the name of the temp agency. I will then accompany it with a letter explaining why it wasn't in my EE profile.

The EE profile doesnt even ask for last 10 years or, well, any time frame. Just asks if you have any work history.

By not declaring it in EE profile but adding and explaining in personal history app is that misrepresentation??
Old May 6th 2015, 12:59 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kryt0n
Erm, so I mean in 2009-2010 I did temp work that varied like crazy and they won't write a letter.
Currently it isn't in EE profile but all my other jobs are.

In my personal history I will put that time down as employed and write the name of the temp agency. I will then accompany it with a letter explaining why it wasn't in my EE profile.

The EE profile doesnt even ask for last 10 years or, well, any time frame. Just asks if you have any work history.

By not declaring it in EE profile but adding and explaining in personal history app is that misrepresentation??
I don't know honestly. That's what I was worried about. I thought EE did say last 10yrs or since you were 18... If you're lucky enough to be that young!
Old May 6th 2015, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

Definitely not that young. But EE doesn't have any time frame on it at all. Just 'We will asses XXX work experience and give points...does XXX have any work history'.

From what I have read in any guide it is just what is declared the applicant has to prove. If I declare I was in data entry for that year and half I cannot possibly prove it as 80% time it was data entry...but 20% of the time it was house keeping/restaurant. Ah, temp work. It would be misrep to claim points for it. Also the company I worked for closed down and even then it was part time during uni... I can't claim it as a career type of work experience as it was just work to pay for school.

So right now my plan is to put on EE profile everything I can prove as consistent skilled work. I will declare the rest on my application in personal history and explain why I didn't want to claim points for it.
Surely that makes sense...

Anyone else out there heard of anyone getting misrep for not declaring every job you have ever had on EE?
Old May 6th 2015, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

criodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud of

I have the same question as the OP so might chime in on this thread? I have work experience, which varies, going back to 1999.
For two of them, the companies no longer exist. For the others, would a written letter stating when I worked there do? I don't have any payslips left.
One is in Italy, and I'm hopeful they'll writer a letter or something. I'm not sure?
I'm in a similar position to the OP.
I'm just gathering the relevant info for now
Old May 7th 2015, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

criodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud ofcriodain has much to be proud of

I am reluctant to open an EE profile, as it would suggest the clock starts ticking once it's opened. Does the work experience only relate to the last 10 years or since you were 18?
Old May 8th 2015, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

scootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond reputescootb has a reputation beyond repute

If you givr past 10 years they will request from the age of 18,I know as it is what I had done then was asked for a full history from the age of 18,trying to remember every job over the past 23 years wasn't too easy lol.
Old May 8th 2015, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

Yes, in personal history it's 10 years or since you were 18. I am talking about the initial EE creation. On this it doesn't have any time frame.
Old May 8th 2015, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

I'm 38, so not as bad as you scootb. I don't where I'll get payslips from the late 90s.

What would my best options be for proof of having worked for a company, if I didn't have payslips?