Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Will a permanent job offer speed up my FSW app?

Will a permanent job offer speed up my FSW app?

Old Dec 28th 2006, 10:07 am
Just Joined

Jerseyraindog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Will a permanent job offer speed up my FSW app?

Hello everyone, looking for help. Applied via the Federal Skilled Worker program last January. Told we had to wait 39 months before expecting a reply. What I would like to know is the following: If a potential employer is willing to sponsor me with a valid job offer does that in anyway speed up the process? Plus, if I get a job offer can I apply for a temporary work permit and work in Canada while my FSW application is in process? Does anyone know?
Old Dec 28th 2006, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will a permanent job offer speed up my FSW app?

Originally Posted by Jerseyraindog
Hello everyone, looking for help. Applied via the Federal Skilled Worker program last January. Told we had to wait 39 months before expecting a reply. What I would like to know is the following: If a potential employer is willing to sponsor me with a valid job offer does that in anyway speed up the process? Plus, if I get a job offer can I apply for a temporary work permit and work in Canada while my FSW application is in process? Does anyone know?
Hi hun

Cant believe no one has answered your question :scared:

If you can get a job whereby the employer will go thru Service Canada for a Labour Market Opinion then yes you will be able to go to Canada and work - waiting over there for your PR. Also if you have a job in Canada and are living and working there and inform CHC this will also count for more point for you and may get your PR looked at sooner.

Just do a search on this forum for Work Permit or LMO and you should find some interesting reading.

Good luck with your quest

Gaynor
Old Dec 29th 2006, 11:33 am
Your goto Realtor

liquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the rough

yeah just do a search on here, alot of people have applied this way. I applied Skilled Worker way. I also have a job offer in Canada. They applied for an AOE which they got. So added it to my application. I had my meds request about 3 weeks ago. So now just waiting for an answer on whole application. Good Luck with yours

this web link may give you more info

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/epb/lmd/fw/supperimm.shtml
Old Dec 29th 2006, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Burtonbunch and Liquidsuite. Think that helps me out quite a bit. It doesn't matter then that I've already applied as skilled worker. I visited Toronto in November to meet people in my field (graphic design) and I met 2 or 3 companies who were interested in employing me if I found out what was involved in the sponsorship side of things. Hopefully my wife and little boy and I can make our new start a bit earlier than we originally thought if things go to plan. Liquid suite, when did you apply in the first place?
Old Dec 29th 2006, 5:35 pm
Your goto Realtor

liquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the roughliquidsuite is a jewel in the rough

Oh no sorry when I applied I sent my AEO at same time of application. So not after like you plan. Funny enough I also am a graphic designer. The job out there is more marketing and not creative graphics which is what I want but hopefully once I am out there I can look for other job positions in graphic design area. I may stay with the job I have on offer if I manage to get alot of freelance work. So 9-5 do one job and rest of time do freelance here and there graphic design. I am a print based designer but I am not up to date with software like Indesign. I used photoshop and quark mainly. I am also learning web side of things as thats something I want to offer.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

mirekj will become famous soon enoughmirekj will become famous soon enough

Hi

I belive YES. It suppose to speed up your process a lot. You can also sent a query to your Embassy asking for that.
I did this when I was in process and they send me YES !

good luck
Old Dec 30th 2006, 6:39 pm
Your goto Realtor

Originally Posted by mirekj
Hi

I belive YES. It suppose to speed up your process a lot. You can also sent a query to your Embassy asking for that.
I did this when I was in process and they send me YES !

good luck
Did you send a letter to help them process it faster as you have a job offer. I am hoping mine is fast tracked but I have not sent a letter to them to ask for this. I applied in September this year and got my meds exam request this month. Is this proof that mine has been fast tracked of do they do this with all files after 3 months. If it is then maybe I should send them a letter. Let me know what you think I should do. Also what did you say in your letter.
Thanks
Old Dec 30th 2006, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: Will a permanent job offer speed up my FSW app?

Originally Posted by liquidsuite
Did you send a letter to help them process it faster as you have a job offer. I am hoping mine is fast tracked but I have not sent a letter to them to ask for this. I applied in September this year and got my meds exam request this month. Is this proof that mine has been fast tracked of do they do this with all files after 3 months. If it is then maybe I should send them a letter. Let me know what you think I should do. Also what did you say in your letter.
Thanks
Liquidsuite - that's pretty fast. Sounds like you don't need to send a letter. I sent my application off in Jan 06 and my AOR stated that I should expect to wait 39 months before hearing from them. Once you get your meds request I believe you're in the final hurdles. Funny to hear you are a designer too. Do you have a portfolio site? Mine is at http://www.philipregan.com. And what part of Canada are you going to be working in?
Old Dec 30th 2006, 8:47 pm
Your goto Realtor

Originally Posted by Jerseyraindog
Liquidsuite - that's pretty fast. Sounds like you don't need to send a letter. I sent my application off in Jan 06 and my AOR stated that I should expect to wait 39 months before hearing from them. Once you get your meds request I believe you're in the final hurdles. Funny to hear you are a designer too. Do you have a portfolio site? Mine is at http://www.philipregan.com. And what part of Canada are you going to be working in?
Saw your website, Really like some of the things you have designed. If I dont get into to Canada I will again by looking for a new design job over here. Its very tough to find work here. Most design companies always look for more experiance which I do not have alot off. Only got 3 years worth.

I have more been trying to learn flash as I would like to do freelance web designs when out in Canada. Right now I am able to sell ready made flash templetes which I can edit for customers once they choose one they like.
I used to have a website showing my work but dont have one right now.

I am moving to Brampton, Ontario which is about 45mins from the Toronto City Center. I have some family in that part.
Old Dec 30th 2006, 10:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by liquidsuite
Saw your website, Really like some of the things you have designed. If I dont get into to Canada I will again by looking for a new design job over here. Its very tough to find work here. Most design companies always look for more experiance which I do not have alot off. Only got 3 years worth.

I have more been trying to learn flash as I would like to do freelance web designs when out in Canada. Right now I am able to sell ready made flash templetes which I can edit for customers once they choose one they like.
I used to have a website showing my work but dont have one right now.

I am moving to Brampton, Ontario which is about 45mins from the Toronto City Center. I have some family in that part.
Thanks liquid. I have a good 10 years experience. My portfolio went down well in Toronto so I think I'll be ok. Good luck with your move and the job!