Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Will an IVA affect my EE application

Will an IVA affect my EE application

Old Jul 19th 2020, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

oemin2020 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Will an IVA affect my EE application

Hi all,

Me and my partner have just completed our EE application and are in the pool awaiting an ITA, I am the secondary applicant, my question is, will me being in an IVA have an affect on our application or is this something that will not be checked?
Old Jul 19th 2020, 3:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will an IVA affect my EE application

Originally Posted by oemin2020
Hi all,

Me and my partner have just completed our EE application and are in the pool awaiting an ITA, I am the secondary applicant, my question is, will me being in an IVA have an affect on our application or is this something that will not be checked?
Hi, welcome to BE.

Do you mean an IVA as in debt management? If so, that won't affect your application at all. You just need to show you have the required amount of proof of funds, minus any debts, but your credit score or debt repayment arrangements aren't relevant at all.

HTH.
Old Jul 19th 2020, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your help yes its a debt management plan however we do have the required amount of proof of funds etc and it will hopefully be cleared by the time we make it to canada
Old Jul 19th 2020, 3:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your help yes its a debt management plan however we do have the required amount of proof of funds etc and it will hopefully be cleared by the time we make it to canada
Perfect, no worries then.

Best of luck, hope you get an invite soon. What are you scoring?
Old Jul 19th 2020, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

Thank you! At the moment our score is 429, we realised we could add in some more diplomas which will bump us up to 470 so just waiting on them to be verified! Fingers crossed 🤞
Old Jul 19th 2020, 3:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Thank you! At the moment our score is 429, we realised we could add in some more diplomas which will bump us up to 470 so just waiting on them to be verified! Fingers crossed 🤞
OK, yep, 429 wouldn't be enough to get an invite but 470 would be. So you'll definitely need those diplomas, as long as they're academic and not professional/vocational, they should count for the extra points.

Best of luck.