Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Will I get a migration application confirmation code/letter?

Will I get a migration application confirmation code/letter?

Old Nov 6th 2016, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

lowercase77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Will I get a migration application confirmation code/letter?

Hello folks, I've done a search on this forum but did niot find an answer to my question, so here goes:

OK, so I submitted my application for a self employed permanent resident visa about 2.5 months ago, I can see from my bank account that the processing fee has been taken from my account, all good.

I'm wondering if I am to expect a confirmation letter where I would be given a case reference number or something? so I might be able to check up on the application status, I'm presuming this would happen as the section on the Canadian immigration website where you can check the status, requires one of these reference codes.

you reckon its just a case of the cogs turning slowly? it just seems weird that the fee has been taken yet no contact has yet been made

thank you for reading
Old Nov 6th 2016, 8:20 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will I get a migration application confirmation code/letter?

Originally Posted by lowercase77
Hello folks, I've done a search on this forum but did niot find an answer to my question, so here goes:

OK, so I submitted my application for a self employed permanent resident visa about 2.5 months ago, I can see from my bank account that the processing fee has been taken from my account, all good.

I'm wondering if I am to expect a confirmation letter where I would be given a case reference number or something? so I might be able to check up on the application status, I'm presuming this would happen as the section on the Canadian immigration website where you can check the status, requires one of these reference codes.

you reckon its just a case of the cogs turning slowly? it just seems weird that the fee has been taken yet no contact has yet been made

thank you for reading
Are you applying as a self employed person through the federal program? It seems to say of the CIC website processing time is 95 months, so patience will be your friend!