Will CIC contact UK employer

Old May 7th 2007, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

MiddleOfNowhere is a jewel in the roughMiddleOfNowhere is a jewel in the roughMiddleOfNowhere is a jewel in the roughMiddleOfNowhere is a jewel in the rough
Default Will CIC contact UK employer

Hi All

I have not yet informed my UK employer that I will be leaving for Canada in the next few months. I have a two month notice period contract and therefore will give them my notice when I get a positive LMO.

I am going to apply for a WP this week (concurrent processing). I need to know if the CIC will contact my employer. If so, then I had better let them know my intentions before they get a call out of the blue from the CIC.

Cheers

Steve
Old May 7th 2007, 1:40 pm
Worth the wait...

wiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Will CIC contact UK employer

Originally Posted by MiddleOfNowhere
Hi All

I have not yet informed my UK employer that I will be leaving for Canada in the next few months. I have a two month notice period contract and therefore will give them my notice when I get a positive LMO.

I am going to apply for a WP this week (concurrent processing). I need to know if the CIC will contact my employer. If so, then I had better let them know my intentions before they get a call out of the blue from the CIC.

Cheers

Steve
Nope - not on a work permit, and only rarely on a PR application if addiotional proof is required
Old May 7th 2007, 2:24 pm

Mrs Miggins is an unknown quantity at this point

My husbands employer wasn't contacted for his open work permit, nor was mine for a study visa which was going to be used in a vocationally related field. So I would say don't worry
Old May 7th 2007, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MiddleOfNowhere
Hi All

Cheers

Steve
Hi Steve

As the other posters have said for WP they do not contact your UK employer - but it is up to the Canadian employer to check out your references. This I know was done by my OH's Canadian Employer.

Good luck with the concurrent processing - think Gryphea is doing it that way too - keep us posted how things pan out with this newly introduced procedure.

gay

x