Wife,work,confusion!!!!!!!!!

Old Apr 21st 2006, 10:16 am
Im strange but not scary!

city4 is a jewel in the roughcity4 is a jewel in the roughcity4 is a jewel in the roughcity4 is a jewel in the roughcity4 is a jewel in the rough
Default Wife,work,confusion!!!!!!!!!

Hi, was hoping someone would be able to tell me how or if my wife will be able to work if we eventually get to canada.Im hoping to get a work permit(had a job offer as a truck mechanic)and need to know if my wife need one too.

Last edited by city4; Apr 21st 2006 at 10:44 am.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

mctunes is just really nicemctunes is just really nicemctunes is just really nicemctunes is just really nicemctunes is just really nicemctunes is just really nicemctunes is just really nicemctunes is just really nice
Default Re: Wife,work,confusion!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by city4
Hi, was hoping someone would be able to tell me how or if my wife will be able to work if we eventually get to canada.Im hoping to get a work permit(had a job offer)and need to know if my wife need one too.
From what I am led to believe, your wife will also be issued with a work permit, allowing her to work. I have no idea of the application process, though, as that is not the route I'm taking.

HTH,

Mike.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 10:40 am
Worth the wait...

wiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the rough

Hi, was hoping someone would be able to tell me how or if my wife will be able to work if we eventually get to canada.Im hoping to get a work permit(had a job offer)and need to know if my wife need one too.

It will depend on the type of job you get. There is a list of professions on the CIC or London site somewhere which gives further details. Basically "professional" jobs (i.e. Medical / nursing / law / teaching / etc etc) and a few others enable the spouse to have an open permit. Other types of jobs may only allow her a specific work permit, which can only be applied for after she has been offered a job (like yours).

Confusing I know, but maybe someone else can provide fuller details. All I know is that when I checked it a while back, my wife's nursing enabled me to get an open permit for the same duration as her fixed permit.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 11:29 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, was hoping someone would be able to tell me how or if my wife will be able to work if we eventually get to canada.Im hoping to get a work permit(had a job offer as a truck mechanic)and need to know if my wife need one too.
Hi, My husband got a work permit (alberta) as he is a car mechanic. We didn't land together so things maybe a little different if you do. I got a 6 month visitors permit (as my hubbies original permit was for 3 months till he passed his equivelancy exam). When I had 2 months left on my visitors permit I was able to send off for a work permit for myself, I can work in any fields apart from childcare stuff and I can't study. Our permits both expire on the same day although we got them at different times. We are hoping that CHC will have got to us by 2008 and granted us PR (our AOR is June 2004 so you never know!!!).
Old Apr 22nd 2006, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Hi, i have an open work permit as my husband is going via PNP route as a skilled worker. His trade is needed in BC.