Wife Visa - How it's possible?

Old Jul 13th 2005, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

cheersnparty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wife Visa - How it's possible?

Hello Everyone,

I am on the study permit in Canada and going to put my immigration file from Buffalo including my wife’s name as 2nd applicant.

My wife is at back-home and about to finish her Masters degree soon. I want my wife to be in Canada joining me and not sure how can I call her as I am not immigrant here so far.

To bring her in Canada with me, do I have to go back-home? Please help me out in this situation.

Thank you for your time in advance.
Old Jul 13th 2005, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

testinz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wife Visa - How it's possible?

You can request a visitor visa for your wife. You don't need to go back to your country.

Also, she's allowed to work while you are studying. You can request a work permit for her after she arrived.

Check http://www.cic.gc.ca for forms, etc.

Originally Posted by cheersnparty
Hello Everyone,

I am on the study permit in Canada and going to put my immigration file from Buffalo including my wife’s name as 2nd applicant.

My wife is at back-home and about to finish her Masters degree soon. I want my wife to be in Canada joining me and not sure how can I call her as I am not immigrant here so far.

To bring her in Canada with me, do I have to go back-home? Please help me out in this situation.

Old Jul 13th 2005, 3:08 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Hello Everyone,

Does your wife require a TRV to enter Canada? If so, have her apply with a copy of your student permit. If she doesn't require a TRV then tell her to come.

PMM
Old Jul 13th 2005, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

cheersnparty is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanx for the suggestions so far.

I had also heard that if I ask my wife to apply for visitor visa from back-home then rejection case would be too high as I am here in Canada studying from private college and visa officer can also tell that we would not return back to our country.

Moreoever, I am working part-time on college campus, so I much bank balance do I have to present for her visitor visa?

Thanx once again to everyone.

Last edited by cheersnparty; Jul 13th 2005 at 6:34 pm.
Old Jul 14th 2005, 1:16 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx for the suggestions so far.

I had also heard that if I ask my wife to apply for visitor visa from back-home then rejection case would be too high as I am here in Canada studying from private college and visa officer can also tell that we would not return back to our country.

Moreoever, I am working part-time on college campus, so I much bank balance do I have to present for her visitor visa?

Thanx once again to everyone.
Nice to see the standards of English grammar are being upheld in Canada