Wife and kids flying over later

Old May 21st 2014, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

jj_3048 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wife and kids flying over later

Hi i'm here working in Alberta on a LMO. My wife and kids will be flying over soon and was wondering what forms they need to bring with them to pass through immigration.
Thanks
Old May 21st 2014, 10:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wife and kids flying over later

Originally Posted by jj_3048
Hi i'm here working in Alberta on a LMO. My wife and kids will be flying over soon and was wondering what forms they need to bring with them to pass through immigration.
Thanks
Fax them a copy of your work permit. Is she eligible and applying for a spousal open work permit? Im assuming they will be staying as opposed to a quick vacation. Get CBSA to issue the kids visitor records if they will be attending school.
Old May 21st 2014, 10:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Fax them a copy of your work permit. Is she eligible and applying for a spousal open work permit? Im assuming they will be staying as opposed to a quick vacation. Get CBSA to issue the kids visitor records if they will be attending school.
Hi thanks for your fast reply.
Yes they will all be staying here.
Not sure if shes eligible for a spousal open work permit.
Im a long haul truck driver and some people have told me that she might or might not get one.
Is there any forms that she will need to fill out before they fly over
Thanks again
Old May 21st 2014, 10:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Apart from the declaration card on the plane just before landing no other forms to be filled out.
Alberta had a pilot programme but that has finished so not eligible for the SOWP.
Old May 21st 2014, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

Apart from the declaration card on the plane just before landing no other forms to be filled out.
Alberta had a pilot programme but that has finished so not eligible for the SOWP.
Thank you so much for the answers
Old May 21st 2014, 10:59 pm
Just Joined

hi Former lancastrian just found thid link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/occupations.asp does this mean the pilot program has been extended and my wife can get a work permit
Old May 21st 2014, 11:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Spouses and common-law partners of TFWs working in Alberta as long-haul truck drivers, can get an open work permit.
Deadline to apply: July 31, 2014 (extended)

So the answer is Yes. If arriving by the 31 July they can apply at the POE on arrival and pay the $155 for the SOWP. If they do that make sure to send them a copy of your TWP and perhaps print that bulletin off.

Last edited by Former Lancastrian; May 21st 2014 at 11:49 pm.
Old May 21st 2014, 11:50 pm
Just Joined

Spouses and common-law partners of TFWs working in Alberta as long-haul truck drivers, can get an open work permit.
Deadline to apply: July 31, 2014 (extended)

So the answer is Yes. If arriving by the 31 July they can apply at the POE on arrival and pay the $155 for the SOWP. If they do that make sure to send them a copy of your TWP and perhaps print that bulletin off.
February 14 2014 is for B.C and it says July 31 2014 for Alberta so i assume that she can
Old May 21st 2014, 11:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jj_3048
February 14 2014 is for B.C and it says July 31 2014 for Alberta so i assume that she can
If employed in Alberta yes I initially posted the BC one then deleted it to provide the correct info.
Employed in Alberta means working for an Alberta based employer not in another province that delivers goods to Alberta
Old May 21st 2014, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

If employed in Alberta yes I initially posted the BC one then deleted it to provide the correct info.
Employed in Alberta means working for an Alberta based employer not in another province that delivers goods to Alberta
thank you so much for your answers
Old Jul 9th 2014, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

wiganfem is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Does anyone know if the sowp is going to be extended past 31 July 14 for long haul truck drivers wives?

Thanks