WHV to Visitor Visa...

Old Oct 4th 2006, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

ChelseaUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Question WHV to Visitor Visa...

I'm in the UK on a 2 year WHV and now have less than a year to go (my visa expires 8th September, 2007.)

Im going to sponsor my bf under common-law and we're hoping to send off our application next month.

Reading old posts on timelines, it seems that in most cases it can take anywhere from 4 weeks (lucky) to 6 months to hear if you've been approved (or not.)

What Im wondering is say worse case scenerio...we still havent heard anything just before my visa expires...am I able to apply for a visitor visa to legally stay in the UK until we get word if our application is successful or not? If I cant and I go back to Canada, are we no longer considered common-law?

Thanks everyone.
Old Oct 4th 2006, 12:21 pm
Banned

Lees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud ofLees147 has much to be proud of
Default Re: WHV to Visitor Visa...

Originally Posted by ChelseaUK
I'm in the UK on a 2 year WHV and now have less than a year to go (my visa expires 8th September, 2007.)

Im going to sponsor my bf under common-law and we're hoping to send off our application next month.

Reading old posts on timelines, it seems that in most cases it can take anywhere from 4 weeks (lucky) to 6 months to hear if you've been approved (or not.)

What Im wondering is say worse case scenerio...we still havent heard anything just before my visa expires...am I able to apply for a visitor visa to legally stay in the UK until we get word if our application is successful or not? If I cant and I go back to Canada, are we no longer considered common-law?

Thanks everyone.
The problem is you can stay in england but you may not be able to work whilst here. This is the reason my wife is going back to Canada soon and I will join her out there once the application has been decided.

It is not a nice scenario but unfortunately we have no other option.