Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

who's had meds & is waiting for (hopefully) PPR?

who's had meds & is waiting for (hopefully) PPR?

Old Aug 3rd 2006, 12:39 am
Missing my family so much

H143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud of
Default who's had meds & is waiting for (hopefully) PPR?

just interested to know who's in the same boat and how long you've been waiting so far.

I sent meds in 13th July. only 3 weeks so far i know, but i'm not exactly the most patient person in the world! lol

Hayley
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Steve and Linda will become famous soon enoughSteve and Linda will become famous soon enough
Default Re: who's had meds & is waiting for (hopefully) PPR?

Hi Haley

We had our medicals 20th July. Got a letter to say our medicals have been sent to CIC on Tuesday (1st Aug) We are now waiting for PPR but haven't sold our house yet! :scared:
Old Aug 4th 2006, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

reddeb32 has a spectacular aura aboutreddeb32 has a spectacular aura aboutreddeb32 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by H143
just interested to know who's in the same boat and how long you've been waiting so far.

I sent meds in 13th July. only 3 weeks so far i know, but i'm not exactly the most patient person in the world! lol

Hayley
Hi all,

We had our meds on 29th June, CHC received them on 19th July and now we're watching for the postman every morning! We've sold our house - out in 2 weeks hopefully. We feel really hopeful most of the time and know that our passport requests will come eventually, but sometimes we have a moment of madness and start thinking that something might go wrong. Luckily, we come back to our senses after about 2 minutes!

I'll let the forum know when we receive ours - hope everyone else will let us know about their's.

Good luck!
Deb
Old Aug 5th 2006, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud of

Had medicals 13th July and they were sent to CHC on 26th July. I'm hoping to hear September time.
Old Aug 5th 2006, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

coldfiltered is an unknown quantity at this point

As you can see from my signature - we had quite a gap between the medicals and visas being issued (9+ months) - don't make plans too early! You never know when they will issue your Visas except that they will be within a year of your medicals.
Old Aug 5th 2006, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

timeo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
We did our medicals here in Vancouver on May 2, but haven't heard anything yet.
We had to resubmit the RPRF as we paid too much, but that is all we have heard. We paid the old amount as that is what the paperwork we were sent told us to do and we thought we would get a refund at some point in the future, but CHC returned the draft and asked for a new one.
We are already in Vancouver on study permits, but have just finished our courses so we would like to hear soon so we can start work.
Tim

Applied May 04
AOR Jul 04
Meds May 06
waiting....
Old Aug 5th 2006, 10:41 pm
Missing my family so much

H143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud ofH143 has much to be proud of

My friend has just told me a letter arrived for me saying my visa was ready!!! I will phone her for details and confirm later.

Coldfiltered - why on earth did yours take 9 months?
Old Aug 5th 2006, 11:14 pm
Just Joined

coldfiltered is an unknown quantity at this point

No idea.

We ordered a CAIPS report around April and this showed that the Medicals were perfect and that they had filed the additional paperwork (updated PCs, CVs, Proof of Funds) but no activity since. So our file sat for 6 months with no activity. It seems that the CAIPS report request might have alerted someone to the timeline, who knows?

Also, to rub salt into the wounds they sent back our original RPRF fees because they couldn't cash it as the Bank Draft was older than 6 months - cheek! THEY had it filed for the 6 months!

Also, the post office 'lost' our passports - but it turns out they sent them under a different Tracking Code, so they appeared at the CHC safe and sound. We nearly requested new Passports!

Don't worry though, we've had EVERYONES bad luck, so it should be plain sailing for the rest!

Last edited by coldfiltered; Aug 5th 2006 at 11:19 pm. Reason: Typo
Old Aug 6th 2006, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

dozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond repute

Hayley
I had my Medical back at the end of May it was sent to the Embassy at the end of June, I saw the sign for bit on the web. Since then I have had a letter requesting proof of funds and that is is so far.

I too am getting rather impatient with the wait, but what can you do.

Dozzzzy

Applied Skilled Worker (London)
Application submitted - 05th July 2004
AOR Dated - 21st July 2004 (18 Months)
Delay Letter - Arrived Jan 2006 (Delayed till June 2006)
Medical Request - 26 May 2006 (NO Interview or Updated Docs Required)
Medical Submitted - 4 June 2006
Info Request - 17 July - Update Available Funds
Old Aug 8th 2006, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

rest is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello friends, Keep this thread alive.
What is happening. Anyone of you got the PPR. I have sent my medical on 16th July 06. Be happy.
Best of luck
Old Aug 9th 2006, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

Hi friends,

Any new devlopment today? Keep in touch

Rest
Old Aug 10th 2006, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

ghitchi2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hayley
Hey,

My letter from CHC London telling me to go for the meds was dated May 18th, and I took them on June 27th. They were sent to London about 2 weeks later so I think we probably submitted them at around the same time. I haven't heard anything yet either. It's early days yet of course...but at this point I just want to get it over with, the wait seems to get even worse the closer you get.
Old Aug 10th 2006, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

Welcome ghitchi2,

You are right wait at the end is worse. Have patence we will get it soon. Keep in touch since medical reports of all of us have reached almost at the same time.

dozzzzy, reddeb32 and others - where are you guyies? No response from past few days. Wake up.

rest
Old Aug 10th 2006, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

reddeb32 has a spectacular aura aboutreddeb32 has a spectacular aura aboutreddeb32 has a spectacular aura about
Talking Re: who's had meds & is waiting for (hopefully) PPR?

Originally Posted by rest
Welcome ghitchi2,

You are right wait at the end is worse. Have patence we will get it soon. Keep in touch since medical reports of all of us have reached almost at the same time.

dozzzzy, reddeb32 and others - where are you guyies? No response from past few days. Wake up.

rest

Sorry guys - sold our house so haven't had chance to come on here for a few days. Good news though - PPR came this morning !!!!!! Timeline as follows:

AOR - 19th July 2004
Delay letter - 9th Jan 2006
Request for updated info (Police checks and photos) - 5th April 2006
Info sent to CHC - 23rd May 2006
Medical Requests received - 31st May 2006
Had medicals - 29th June 2006
Medical results arrive at CHC - 19th July 2006
Passport Requests received - 10th August 2006

Can't believe it is happening! House is sold - out of here on 25th Aug. Going on reccie trip to Nova Scotia on 21st Sept.
I need a drink!
Here's hoping for more PPR's - good luck everyone! Let us know when you get the good news.

Debs
Old Aug 10th 2006, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Steve and Linda will become famous soon enoughSteve and Linda will become famous soon enough

Hi Rest and Ghichi2

We got a letter today to say that Handsworth had sent our meds to CIC so hopefully we won't be too far behind you. All we need now is for someone to buy the house!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.