WHERE to submit?

Old Aug 9th 2010, 11:04 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute
Default WHERE to submit?

I am going to ask for the definitive answer on this and hope posters do not disagree!
WHERE do I post the forms to?

The website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ns/skilled.asp says
"Applying as a skilled worker

Important:
1) All applicants in the Federal Skilled Worker Class, must submit their application to the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada."

and it also says,

"3. Supporting documents

The additional documents requested in Appendix A of the Visa Office specific forms, are required when you submit your application to the CIO."

BUT at the end of the Visa Office specific forms Appendix A it tells you to send these forms to the Canadian High Commission at Grosvenor Street, London!
I also spoke to someone at a very recent IELTS test who thought that just the CIC documents go off first to Sydney and the rest to London later. Clearly, people are confused because of the new changes and the conflicting document instructions and someone is going to be wrong - I can't afford for it to be me!
Please can someone in the know sort this out for me (and anyone else who is not sure?)
Old Aug 9th 2010, 11:12 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WHERE to submit?

Originally Posted by helcat12
Please can someone in the know sort this out for me (and anyone else who is not sure?)
Depends on when you applied. If applying now (or any date after the rules changed on 26th June) then everything must be submitted to CIO in Sydney in one go.

Prior to this, initial applications (forms & fee payment) went to CIO in Sydney, and then all supporting docs to London once requested.

Hope that helps!
Old Aug 9th 2010, 11:29 am
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Depends on when you applied. If applying now (or any date after the rules changed on 26th June) then everything must be submitted to CIO in Sydney in one go.

Prior to this, initial applications (forms & fee payment) went to CIO in Sydney, and then all supporting docs to London once requested.

Hope that helps!
Perfect!
That is exactly what I thought, but then I meet other people and they say something different! I think it might be because many of them have applied before and have just assumed that the rules about submission have remained the same.
It still puts the wind up you, all the same
I am checking the ever-growing file of documents every night before I go to bed as I wait for the last one or two to arrive - at this rate of paranoia snowballing, I'll be sleeping with them any day now!
Old Aug 9th 2010, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Perfect!
That is exactly what I thought, but then I meet other people and they say something different! I think it might be because many of them have applied before and have just assumed that the rules about submission have remained the same.
It still puts the wind up you, all the same
I am checking the ever-growing file of documents every night before I go to bed as I wait for the last one or two to arrive - at this rate of paranoia snowballing, I'll be sleeping with them any day now!
Tell us about it

We have everything now including full notarizations done, and we're only waiting for 3 things:
- Letter from mortgage company confirming how much we owe
- My wife's current employer reference letter
- IELTS results

First two should be here by the end of this week. IELTS taken on 5th August should be here hopefully by 20th August, aiming to mail application on 21st!!

Then we can get some of our lives back..

Wayne.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 11:51 am
Just Joined

luciequk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Waggle
- IELTS results

First two should be here by the end of this week. IELTS taken on 5th August should be here hopefully by 20th August, aiming to mail application on 21st!!
sorry to hyjack thread but quickly, does EVERYBODY have to do a IELTS? Even if they were born in Britain and have used english as their 1st language all their lives? Also is it just the principle person applying that needs to do the test (not his OH i.e. me?)
Old Aug 9th 2010, 12:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by luciequk
sorry to hyjack thread but quickly, does EVERYBODY have to do a IELTS? Even if they were born in Britain and have used english as their 1st language all their lives? Also is it just the principle person applying that needs to do the test (not his OH i.e. me?)
For any application received after June 26th 2010 for FSW, the principal applicant must submit IELTS (or other acceptable examining body) test results for English or French. Only the principal applicant needs to do this.

My wife is PA, even though she is native English and holds a BSc and PhD from English universities. Unfortunately of the two of us she is mildly dyslexic so we expect the writing results to be a bit worse than the speaking, reading or listening!

Since we don't need the actual points (we have 67 points without any language points) we only need to get 5.5 as a minimum in each category (5.0 in reading I believe).

Obviously we are hoping for much higher scores since she is a native English speaker but we have no real idea how they will be marking it.

Wayne.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

luciequk is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you! x
Old Aug 9th 2010, 12:30 pm
Island life at last

Originally Posted by luciequk
Second what Waggle says. Yes, they do and yes it is just Principal Applicant.
Loads of people have been asking about this and find it hard to believe that native English speakers need to do it, but they do.
Get it booked or hit the rush!!!
By the way, Waggle, why do you need mortgage proof of what you owe. Are you Cat 1?
Old Aug 9th 2010, 12:32 pm
Island life at last

Loads of people have been asking about this and find it hard to believe that native English speakers need to do it, but they do.
By the way, Waggle, why do you need mortgage proof of what you owe. Are you Cat 1?
What a dope I am - should read your tag line - you say FSW cat 1
This paperwork thing is making me into an idiot - or was that the case already and I just hadn't noticed?
Old Aug 9th 2010, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi yes - Category 1 FSW.

We submit x3 estate agent quotations, take the average, subtract the amount to repay our mortgage and the difference = our equity, which is currently around $10k CAD higher than the minimum proof of funds needed for 2 people.

We understand we will probably have to liquidate these funds for record of landing, but by then we may have saved up the hard cash in the bank anyway.

Wayne.