Where to Kick off?

Old Oct 18th 2007, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

ZanderGlw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to Kick off?

Hey everyone first posting here!

Ive done a fair amount of reading on the CIC website but theres a bit of a gray area i kinda need a bit of clarification on.

Basically i've been an investigator for a bank for seven years (was supposed to be a temp job lol ), ive packed it in, and went back to study to have my aging computing qualifications upgraded by means of certification microsoft/compTIA which is nearly complete, with a view to moving to canada!

i know that the skilled worker program takes 2 yr+ and i do have enough points to qualify BUT only if i have work arranged!, would i be able to try and find work, and if successful, move over on a work permit, and then apply to stay from inside canada?

thank in advance for the help guys!
Old Oct 18th 2007, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to Kick off?

Originally Posted by ZanderGlw
would i be able to try and find work, and if successful, move over on a work permit, and then apply to stay from inside canada?
Yes. Quite a few people do that.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

ZanderGlw is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MarkG
Yes. Quite a few people do that.
thanks MarkG

I was'nt sure if that was legal!, im guessing it may be difficult because im a foreign national to find work but i figure i can give it a go for a couple of months and see how it goes!
Old Oct 18th 2007, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, I suspect that's what the Canadian government were expecting people to do when they had the 75 point score a few years back... it would be one way to help ensure new immigrants found work here.

Yes, finding a job will be the hard part. But if you're willing to come over on a temporary work permit initially that should be easier than finding a job for a PR application where the employer may have to wait a year or more for you to start!
Old Oct 20th 2007, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ZanderGlw
thanks MarkG

I was'nt sure if that was legal!, im guessing it may be difficult because im a foreign national to find work but i figure i can give it a go for a couple of months and see how it goes!
You could also plan a trip out to Canada - that way any potential employers would know when they would be able to meet face to face with you for an interview.

Seems very hard work when you first look for a job but it is possible - we have done it

Gaynorx