Wikiposts

Where do we go?

Old Jun 25th 2001, 10:51 am
George

My wife has submitted her immigration visa to her Regional Immigration Consulate as
Family Class member. How long does it take for her to receive an official RECEIPT
from the embassy that her application was received along with her official FILE
NUMBER. We are doing this through the Canadian Embassy in Syria and on their web site
it says 1 week is required before the receipt is sent out, but it has been a month so
far and nothing in the mail and they would not accept phone calls? Any help is
appreciated.

Also, my wife asked me what if she goes to Syria and to the Embassy and personally
check on the status of her application. Is that possible? Can she go there and meet
with someone in the Embassy who can tell her the status? Is there a formal process to
track the application yourself as a sponsored family class member?

THANKS FOR THE HELP George

Old Jun 25th 2001, 11:07 am
Jim Humphries

With the Canadian visa office in Damascus a lot of patience is required
unfortunately. The web-site info seems out of date. How was the application sent?
If registered mail you can get proof of its receipt from the postal authorities.
Jim Humphries

George wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 25th 2001, 11:14 am
George

Thanks for the reply and the answer is YES and I have a receipt through DHL but how
can that help me? Can she take that and go there personally?

THANKS

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > My wife has submitted her immigration visa to her Regional Immigration Consulate[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > as Family Class member. How long does it take for her to[/usenetquote2]
receive
[usenetquote2]> > an official RECEIPT from the embassy that her application was received[/usenetquote2]
along
[usenetquote2]> > with her official FILE NUMBER. We are doing this through the Canadian Embassy in[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Syria and on their web site it says 1 week is required before[/usenetquote2]
the
[usenetquote2]> > receipt is sent out, but it has been a month so far and nothing in the[/usenetquote2]
mail
[usenetquote2]> > and they would not accept phone calls? Any help is appreciated.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Also, my wife asked me what if she goes to Syria and to the Embassy and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > personally check on the status of her application. Is that possible? Can[/usenetquote2]
she
[usenetquote2]> > go there and meet with someone in the Embassy who can tell her the[/usenetquote2]
status?
[usenetquote2]> > Is there a formal process to track the application yourself as a[/usenetquote2]
sponsored
[usenetquote2]> > family class member?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > THANKS FOR THE HELP George[/usenetquote2]

Old Jun 25th 2001, 12:15 pm
Jim Humphries

She knows her application was received so you can relax to that extent. There would
be no use in going to the Embassy right now - they aare busy and would not answer any
specific questions. If shoe does not hear anything within 4 months then I would
worry. They are really trying to keep up to date with highest priority family class
cases such as this, but they are greatly overloaded. Jim Humphries

George wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > With the Canadian visa office in Damascus a lot of patience is required[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > unfortunately. The web-site info seems out of date. How was the application sent?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > If registered mail you can get proof of its receipt from the postal authorities.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Jim Humphries[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > George wrote:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > My wife has submitted her immigration visa to her Regional Immigration[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Consulate as Family Class member. How long does it take for her to[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > an official RECEIPT from the embassy that her application was received[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > with her official FILE NUMBER. We are doing this through the Canadian Embassy[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > in Syria and on their web site it says 1 week is required before[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > receipt is sent out, but it has been a month so far and nothing in the[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > and they would not accept phone calls? Any help is appreciated.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Also, my wife asked me what if she goes to Syria and to the Embassy and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > personally check on the status of her application. Is that possible? Can[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > go there and meet with someone in the Embassy who can tell her the[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > Is there a formal process to track the application yourself as a[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > family class member?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > THANKS FOR THE HELP George[/usenetquote2]