Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Where to apply for a visitor visa?

Where to apply for a visitor visa?

Old Nov 1st 2004, 12:33 am
Just Joined

Ana_25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Where to apply for a visitor visa?

I'm originally from Brazil and I am here in Canada on a work permit under the Live-in Caregiver program. I will be travelling out of the country in January and, as I understand, I need a visitor visa to be able to board the airplane on the way back (even though my work permit is valid until August 2005).

I'd like to know where should I apply for the visitor visa. I live in Montreal, so I suppose Buffalo would be the closest consulate, but can I apply there when I'm not American? Or should I send my passport to Sao Paulo?

Thanks in advance,

Ana
Old Nov 1st 2004, 12:35 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to apply for a visitor visa?

Hi Ana

Originally Posted by Ana_25
I'm originally from Brazil and I am here in Canada on a work permit under the Live-in Caregiver program. I will be travelling out of the country in January and, as I understand, I need a visitor visa to be able to board the airplane on the way back (even though my work permit is valid until August 2005).

I'd like to know where should I apply for the visitor visa. I live in Montreal, so I suppose Buffalo would be the closest consulate, but can I apply there when I'm not American? Or should I send my passport to Sao Paulo?

Thanks in advance,

Ana
Buffalo, with a copy of your work permit. You might be smart to request a multiple entry visitor visa.

PMM
Old Nov 1st 2004, 12:58 am
Just Joined

Ana_25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the prompt reply, PMM, I do intend to request a multiple entry visa, even though I will be able to apply for my PR in December. After all, who knows how long that's gonna take?

Is it going to be a problem that I do not hold a valid visa to enter the US in case a interview is need? I do not think that would be the case, since I hold a valid work permit, but you never know, right?

Also, I don't have a return plane ticket to Brazil, as it is mentioned at the Buffalo visa post website. Is that really necessary?

Thanks a lot,

Ana
Originally Posted by PMM
Hi Ana

Buffalo, with a copy of your work permit. You might be smart to request a multiple entry visitor visa.

PMM
Old Nov 1st 2004, 3:14 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ana

Originally Posted by Ana_25
Thank you for the prompt reply, PMM, I do intend to request a multiple entry visa, even though I will be able to apply for my PR in December. After all, who knows how long that's gonna take?

Is it going to be a problem that I do not hold a valid visa to enter the US in case a interview is need? I do not think that would be the case, since I hold a valid work permit, but you never know, right?

Also, I don't have a return plane ticket to Brazil, as it is mentioned at the Buffalo visa post website. Is that really necessary?

Thanks a lot,

Ana
The one-way ticket is fine, as your work permit should be coded as the live in care giver program.

PMM