Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

When will I receive CoPR in the post after online CIC notification?

When will I receive CoPR in the post after online CIC notification?

Old Jul 4th 2018, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

UKexpat82 has a reputation beyond reputeUKexpat82 has a reputation beyond reputeUKexpat82 has a reputation beyond reputeUKexpat82 has a reputation beyond reputeUKexpat82 has a reputation beyond reputeUKexpat82 has a reputation beyond reputeUKexpat82 has a reputation beyond reputeUKexpat82 has a reputation beyond reputeUKexpat82 has a reputation beyond reputeUKexpat82 has a reputation beyond reputeUKexpat82 has a reputation beyond repute
Default When will I receive CoPR in the post after online CIC notification?

Hi, I received notification online via CIC that my application for PR has been approved. I wondered how long it typically takes to receive the official documents in the post in the UK? It has been about two weeks since the online notification and I am keen to book travel to Canada next month to activate the PR. I am just concerned about booking flights and the docs not coming through in time. Thanks again for any feedback on this.
Old Jul 4th 2018, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When will I receive CoPR in the post after online CIC notification?

Originally Posted by UKexpat82
Hi, I received notification online via CIC that my application for PR has been approved. I wondered how long it typically takes to receive the official documents in the post in the UK? It has been about two weeks since the online notification and I am keen to book travel to Canada next month to activate the PR. I am just concerned about booking flights and the docs not coming through in time. Thanks again for any feedback on this.
Anywhere from a couple of days to 2 / 3 weeks - so you should have it shortly I would guess.
Old Jul 5th 2018, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

milly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond reputemilly_m has a reputation beyond repute

Ours came in about a week but they were trying to get things to us quickly as we already had a date booked and we would have been in Canada on temporary work permits 2 weeks after we got update that are been granted PR.
Old Jul 5th 2018, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKexpat82
Oh, and it is a good idea NOT to book flights until your CoPR arrives and you check it is accurate and error free, as you may have to get a new one issued if there are material errors (unfortunately, errors do happen).
Old Jul 5th 2018, 1:09 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

It's just a few days. IIRC they send it by special delivery.
Old Jul 5th 2018, 1:14 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
It's just a few days. IIRC they send it by special delivery.

For SOME. Others may have to wait several weeks.
Old Jul 5th 2018, 1:22 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
For SOME. Others may have to wait several weeks.
Ah, for the people who have had their applications sent to Canada for processing?

I just remember sending an addressed envelope to London with the final photos and then the documents came back a few days later. Maybe we just got lucky though.
Old Jul 7th 2018, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

Nortia is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,
Apologies if this is not the right thread but I need some advice regarding the last step of the application.
We have received the PR and request to send the photos to VPU (London). The letter states that we need to send the photos and UPLOAD a copy of the letter and Appendix A to MyCIC account. The big problem is that there is nowhere I can upload these documents on my account. Any idea how & where to upload these docs after I send the photos to VPU?
Many thanks in advance!
Old Jul 7th 2018, 9:38 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Originally Posted by Nortia
Hi All,
Apologies if this is not the right thread but I need some advice regarding the last step of the application.
We have received the PR and request to send the photos to VPU (London). The letter states that we need to send the photos and UPLOAD a copy of the letter and Appendix A to MyCIC account. The big problem is that there is nowhere I can upload these documents on my account. Any idea how & where to upload these docs after I send the photos to VPU?
Many thanks in advance!

I had that same problem just under a year ago. It's shocking that they haven't patched it.

In our case I just emailed London and they said told me to just send the documents through the post.
Old Jul 7th 2018, 10:05 pm
Just Joined

I had that same problem just under a year ago. It's shocking that they haven't patched it.

In our case I just emailed London and they said told me to just send the documents through the post.
Thank you for your reply!

Also, do both photos for each applicant have to have the photographer details etc on the back or just one?
Old Jul 7th 2018, 10:35 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Thank you for your reply!

Also, do both photos for each applicant have to have the photographer details etc on the back or just one?
Do it for both. They choose one for each person that they believe to be the best of the 2 and attach them to the COPR forms. They will also return the other 2 to you loose. You can use the other 2 to for your PR card application at landing if you aren't doing a soft landing.
Old Jul 7th 2018, 10:40 pm
Just Joined

Do it for both. They choose one for each person that they believe to be the best of the 2 and attach them to the COPR forms. They will also return the other 2 to you loose. You can use the other 2 to for your PR card application at landing if you aren't doing a soft landing.
Got it, thanks!
We have written on both photos.
You confused me when you said "they will return the other 2". We have only been requested to send 2 photos for each applicant.
Old Jul 7th 2018, 11:07 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Got it, thanks!
We have written on both photos.
You confused me when you said "they will return the other 2". We have only been requested to send 2 photos for each applicant.
Basically 1 photo of each person gets attached to the COPR.

The others are included loose. You can use them if you file a PR card application on arrival.
Old Jul 8th 2018, 5:32 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

The photos should be identical - so there's no 'best' photo choice. 1 photo is attached to the COPR. One was kept for their files (but now may be used for the PR card). It used to be that you had to include 4 photos for spousal sponsorship and dependents - it's now country specific as to how many.. one of the other photos were used for your PR card which is automatically issued provided you give them a Canadian address = there is no 'application' to do (unless you are not going to be at an address they can send them to for 6 months after 'landing').

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcen...num=054&top=10

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...html#appendixB

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 8th 2018 at 5:37 am.
Old Jul 8th 2018, 8:08 am
Sidecar Falcon

Originally Posted by Siouxie
The photos should be identical - so there's no 'best' photo choice. 1 photo is attached to the COPR. One was kept for their files (but now may be used for the PR card). It used to be that you had to include 4 photos for spousal sponsorship and dependents - it's now country specific as to how many.. one of the other photos were used for your PR card which is automatically issued provided you give them a Canadian address = there is no 'application' to do (unless you are not going to be at an address they can send them to for 6 months after 'landing').

I am a new permanent resident of Canada. Do I need to apply for a permanent resident card?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...html#appendixB
I was just relaying what happened in our case. The guy at immigration told us he didn't need the two loose ones they returned with the COPR and we could keep them. He also said that London had decided on the other two when creating the COPR.

They sent them back loose when we were issued COPR last year and we took them to the border with us in case they were needed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.