When & where to land.

Old Apr 4th 2011, 7:02 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default When & where to land.

We are waiting for our passports to come back from London, they arrived there on March 10th so hopefully they will be home soon.

Our problem is, we are flying to Portugal at the end of April via Newark. So do we wait until then to "land" in Toronto when we get back, or cross over to buffalo and "land" as soon as the passports come back.? I am worried that if we cross over to Buffalo, it might cause us some problems getting back in without PR cards from the Portugal trip.
Old Apr 4th 2011, 7:55 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When & where to land.

If you are UK citizens you can return without your PR card.
Old Apr 4th 2011, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future27mich71 has a brilliant future

Hi Jim

I'm sorry, i hope you don't mind me asking you, but as you are a retired visa officer i wondered if you could help! We had our PPR in Feb, sent everything off, but our cheque was returned as i had paid for our children twice, so i sent a new cheque for the correct amount on the 17th March (recorded delivery). Do you have any idea how long the visa's might take to come through. We really need to book our flights, but are frightened too incase they aren't through in time.
Can't believe what i'v done, how silly!!
Thanks

Michelle
Old Apr 4th 2011, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
If you are UK citizens you can return without your PR card.
Thanks. I thought there was some thing about only using the visa once to get into Canada. You have put my mind at rest.
Old Apr 4th 2011, 11:09 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
...we are flying to Portugal at the end of April via Newark...
Heading this way? What area?

regards
James Mc
Algarve, Portugal.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by james.mc
Heading this way? What area?

regards
James Mc
Algarve, Portugal.
We are going to Lisbon for a conference. Hopefully not all work though, would be nice to see the city. We are going 2 days before it starts and staying 2 days after it ends. That is of course if the passports get back to us.