When should i apply for PNP

Old Oct 9th 2009, 12:47 am
Just Joined

LALZER is an unknown quantity at this point
Default When should i apply for PNP

Hi there,
Just wondering when to apply for my PNP in Alberta. Ive read that its better to do it early in the year or is this just a myth. My one year visa is up in June so there is no major panic, but should I apply now and get a response in the new year or will I just wait til Jan....
Please Advise
Old Oct 9th 2009, 3:15 am
Banned

Helen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud of
Default Re: When should i apply for PNP

Personally I would recommend that you seriously consider applying now. I have heard that it can still take 6-9 months to be processed and that will easily take you up to June.

Time goes by quickly but unfortunately that does not apply to the Canadian government which works at half speed.

As for when is the best time of year, if you will either get accepted or not, I do not think it is a system of 'we have a 10,000 for this year close the doors and refuse everyone else'
Old Oct 9th 2009, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

bobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura aboutbobthedog has a spectacular aura about

Don't think you can apply for the nomination until you have worked for 6 months in Canada. That means you will have to wait a little while longer, but have everything ready to go in to the PNP and just send it in on the 6 month point.

Even if it takes longer to process than the time on your TWP you will be able to get a support letter from the Province to go with your application for a new TWP.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bobthedog
Don't think you can apply for the nomination until you have worked for 6 months in Canada. That means you will have to wait a little while longer, but have everything ready to go in to the PNP and just send it in on the 6 month point.

Even if it takes longer to process than the time on your TWP you will be able to get a support letter from the Province to go with your application for a new TWP.
this is how it works in Manitoba.. somehow I think it is different in every province, so one should check on the provincial immigration website. It should give you the minimum stay before applying..and as you said, get papers ready and DONT wait, once you reached the minimum stay.

Don't know about Alberta, but know from SK, that one can apply to PNP right after arriving.
Old Oct 16th 2009, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

Fruititoots is on a distinguished road

Have a look at the Alberta PNP website, should answer all your questions - and yes apply now!!

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigra...didatefaq.html

All the best.

Toots
Old Oct 17th 2009, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

pollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to allpollyb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by LALZER
Hi there,
Just wondering when to apply for my PNP in Alberta. Ive read that its better to do it early in the year or is this just a myth. My one year visa is up in June so there is no major panic, but should I apply now and get a response in the new year or will I just wait til Jan....
Please Advise
We applied im May 09 for PNP and still waiting. It was acknowledged 8 weeks after it was received but waiting game now.