Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

What will I do next ? Mr. Andrew Miller please help

What will I do next ? Mr. Andrew Miller please help

Old Jun 25th 2004, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

haiauphixu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What will I do next ? Mr. Andrew Miller please help

I sent my PR application along with Quebec CQS last month and receive a file number today. I currently reside in Canada.

They said my file have been put in priority queue awaiting for assesment.

My question are:

1. How long will it take until I get the assesment ?
2. Can I do the medical examination and Canadian record check now to save time ? (I asked since I really need to have PR before January next year, did I have high expectation ?)
3. Could you show me the instruction for medical exam and Canadian record check ?
Old Jun 25th 2004, 5:03 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What will I do next ? Mr. Andrew Miller please help

Hi Haiauphixu

Originally posted by haiauphixu
I sent my PR application along with Quebec CQS last month and receive a file number today. I currently reside in Canada.

They said my file have been put in priority queue awaiting for assesment.

My question are:

1. How long will it take until I get the assesment ?
2. Can I do the medical examination and Canadian record check now to save time ? (I asked since I really need to have PR before January next year, did I have high expectation ?)
3. Could you show me the instruction for medical exam and Canadian record check ?
1. 8-10 months
2. No, You follow Buffalo's instructions, wait until they are requested.
3. January? extremely doubtful, If you are accepted, depending on where you have lived during the past, your background check is going to take 3 months to over a year. The RCMP fingerprint check is going to take about 150 days after they are submitted for a result.

PMM
Old Jun 25th 2004, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

SamJ is an unknown quantity at this point

You should submit your fingerprints to the RCMP now to save some time. As PMM said, the RCMP process will take about 150 days. I was also a Quebec applicant and did not wait for Buffalo to ask for the prints.
Old Jun 25th 2004, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

haiauphixu is an unknown quantity at this point

How did you do that, Sam ? Are you in Quebec already ?

Originally posted by SamJ
You should submit your fingerprints to the RCMP now to save some time. As PMM said, the RCMP process will take about 150 days. I was also a Quebec applicant and did not wait for Buffalo to ask for the prints.