Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

At what stage of the process does the background check start?

At what stage of the process does the background check start?

Old Jan 23rd 2002, 10:01 pm
Krishna

Hi Experts, At what stage of the process does the background check start? Is it after
the interview and medical results or afer paying the ROLF. thanks in Advance.

Regards Hare Krishna

Old Jan 23rd 2002, 10:11 pm
Andrew Miller

It depends from many factors. Background/security check may be initiated as soon as
application is logged in and file number issued or as late as after the interview
(for example in cases when interview is needed to determine if case will be processed
further at all).

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

>
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 24th 2002, 2:51 am
Krishna

Thanks for the reply! How long does it take for the background check from india? If I
have done my medicals before the interview when does the background check start? Does
it start as soon as the medicals forms are sent or only after completing the
interview successfully please tell your experience from india...

Regards Hare Krishna

Old Jan 24th 2002, 3:14 am
Andrew Miller

If you received medical forms then your background/security check is most likely
already well in process. There is no specific timeline for background/security
check, it is as unique as each applicant is. Please note that processing officer
sends the request for background/security check and it is conducted by security
agencies independently from CIC - they do it at their own pace and convenience and
report back simple "pass" or "fail" with no further explanation to CIC after they
conclude the check.

--

../..

sending email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 24th 2002, 3:02 pm
Krishna

Hi Miller, I appreciate your response! Regards Hare Krishna

Old Jan 24th 2002, 3:04 pm
Bill Stephen

"Andrew Miller" <[email protected]>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Thanks for the reply! How long does it take for the background check from india?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > If I have done my medicals before the interview when does the background check[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > start? Does it start as soon as the medicals forms are sent or only after[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > completing the interview successfully please tell your experience from india...[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Regards Hare Krishna[/usenetquote2]

Dear Andrew SIR, Who are these security agencies which check our background.Is it a
Canadian Body or Private organisation.Who checks their authenticity.If suppose these
security agency says FAIL without verifying (strong possibility) then the applicant
is loser without fault.If these security agencies are private then what about the
Canadian Privacy Act.My information should not be divulged to third party without my
written permission.If these chaps lands querying about me in my office , then I will
be kicked out or will have to face lot of harassment by my employers.Can u pl
clarify. Bill.

Old Jan 24th 2002, 3:24 pm
Andrew Miller

First of all you are confusing simple background check (employment and documents
verification) done by the visa post with the background/security check conducted
mainly by CSIS - Canadian spy agency, which is the government agency. Nothing is
being done by any private agencies. As for your written permission to release
information - please read last page of the application form carefully. By signing
there you authorize CIC to do so.

Visa posts in many countries (including India) routinely verify employment
information by contacting employers by phone, so you can't avoid it. As for the
background/security check - it is a totally different matter.

Background/security check is conducted by Canadian security agencies, independently
from the immigration authorities, with and/or without a cooperation of proper
agencies and authorities in all countries you have resided for 6 months or more. This
tasks is to find out if you are or were at any time involved in any criminal
activity, organized crime, espionage, terrorism, war crimes, crimes against humanity
or any other activity that may pose a threat to the security of Canada and Canadians
and if you are or were a part of or working for any government or organization
involved in war crimes, human rights abuse and crimes against humanity. Depending on
your nationality, background and countries you have resided in this process may take
from few months to well over a year to conclude.

Note that many visa posts in countries where a lot of fake documents are being
presented with applications are conducting more throughout than standard background
check during which they verify the authenticity of submitted documents, employment
history and other information provided in the application, but it is a separate task
from background/security check mentioned above. India, Pakistan, few Middle East and
all former Soviet Union countries are on the top of the list of countries from which
applicants often submit fake documents and false information with their applications.

--

../..

sending email)

"bill stephen" <[email protected]>
[usenetquote2]> > If you received medical forms then your background/security check is most likely[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > already well in process. There is no specific timeline for background/security[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > check, it is as unique as each applicant is. Please[/usenetquote2]
note
[usenetquote2]> > that processing officer sends the request for background/security check and[/usenetquote2]
it
[usenetquote2]> > is conducted by security agencies independently from CIC - they do it at[/usenetquote2]
their
[usenetquote2]> > own pace and convenience and report back simple "pass" or "fail" with no further[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > explanation to CIC after they conclude the check.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ../..[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > [email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > sending email)[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ________________________________[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > Thanks for the reply! How long does it take for the background check from[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > india? If I have done my medicals before the interview when does the background[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > check start? Does it start as soon as the medicals forms are sent or only after[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > completing the interview successfully please tell your experience from india...[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Regards Hare Krishna[/usenetquote2]