Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

What needs updating - 90 day letter queries

What needs updating - 90 day letter queries

Old Sep 4th 2008, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

stuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nice
Default What needs updating - 90 day letter queries

Hi all,

I'm glad to see that some of you who applied in early 06 are starting to hear from CHC.

I applied in June 2006 and am desperately hoping to receive a letter soon. I wonder if you could answer a couple of queries:

- Is the 90 day letter standard or do you only receive if youve met the points?
- what exactly do you need to update, presumably police checks, finances, job changes etc
- If i need to change my application to a single applicant, is this a problem?

Thansk all, Stuart
Old Sep 5th 2008, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all
Default Re: What needs updating - 90 day letter queries

Hi Stuart,

Yes, the letter is generic and not every item on the list may apply to you.

But you MUST provide:

- Updated application form (new IMM0008)

- Updated new Schedule 1 form

- Update police certificates

- Updates proof of settlement funds

Additionally, you may have to send the following if there has been changes in your personal circumstances:

- Marriage, divorce, birth, etc
o If you are adding a spouse or a child, you need to submit processing fee, photos and copy of birth and/or marriage certificate for them.

- 2 recent photos of each of your dependents who are under the age of 18.

- Evidence of language ability

- Evidence of education completed

- Work experience evidence. Employment letters, contracts, pay-slips, job description endorsed by the employer’s personnel department

- Proof of relatives in Canada

Ray
Old Sep 8th 2008, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

stuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nicestuartm is just really nice

Chers Ray!
Old Sep 10th 2008, 10:13 am
Just Joined

surlygurlee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by raymasa
Hi Stuart,

Yes, the letter is generic and not every item on the list may apply to you.

But you MUST provide:

- Updated application form (new IMM0008)

- Updated new Schedule 1 form

- Update police certificates

- Updates proof of settlement funds

Additionally, you may have to send the following if there has been changes in your personal circumstances:

- Marriage, divorce, birth, etc
o If you are adding a spouse or a child, you need to submit processing fee, photos and copy of birth and/or marriage certificate for them.

- 2 recent photos of each of your dependents who are under the age of 18.

- Evidence of language ability

- Evidence of education completed

- Work experience evidence. Employment letters, contracts, pay-slips, job description endorsed by the employer’s personnel department

- Proof of relatives in Canada

Ray
Hi - just received my 90 day letter and have all documents together. Unsure, though, about whether I have to send certified copies of my sons' new passports, issued since my original application. They are both over 18 and no longer living with me. They will not be accompanying me. Do I have to provide photos of them, as it doesnt request this in the 90 day letter (not under 18), but does in the new IMM0008?
Old Oct 29th 2008, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

sgbolt is an unknown quantity at this point

can anyone advise on how one would find proof of 10 years of employment. I don't have old payslips etc. And would you just need some to prove you worked there or all of them. Could I just get letter from HR department (if they have one) stating when I was employed. I also had some period of unemployment. Thanks
Old Oct 29th 2008, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

LynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the roughLynseySmith is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sgbolt
can anyone advise on how one would find proof of 10 years of employment. I don't have old payslips etc. And would you just need some to prove you worked there or all of them. Could I just get letter from HR department (if they have one) stating when I was employed. I also had some period of unemployment. Thanks
Yes, I was wondering if appointment letters, salary/appraisal review updates etc would suffice - as I think we've kept hold of these. Only have payslips for last couple of jobs.