Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

What kid of immigration law is this?

What kid of immigration law is this?

Old Jun 9th 2001, 6:02 pm
Jimy

99% of ALL spousal sponsorship are legitimate so why does a HUMAN BEING need to wait
6, 9, 12,18 months to be with his/her spouse. This is utterly stupid. Something else
the government forgot to take into consideration when they wrote this immigration act
that such a long waiting period might and will have an adverse effects on the
relationship between two people separated for a long time. Come on an immigration
officer from Canada can finalize an entire application in few hours when all the
paper work needed is in front of him. This government always assumes the worse in
people for some reason. Would it be faster if we sent them the video tape of the
wedding reception or 400 wedding pictures or the honeymoon video tape to make this
process faster. Honestly we are in 2001 and such a process should not take that long
especially when you are sponsoring a wife. What is funny is that it took me 6 months
to come to this country as an independent immigrant (the entire process) BUT it will
take my wife 12 months and probably longer to get here. Immigration act my _ _ _.

Old Jun 9th 2001, 6:40 pm
Andrew Miller

The legitimacy of the marriage is only one of many factors that must be verified
during application process - each applicant must undergo background/security and
medical checks as well. In some countries background/security check alone can take
from few months to well over a year to conclude.

All efforts are being made to speed up the process of spousal applications and the
goal is to have majority of them processed in under 6 months, but all tasks of the
process must be performed and cannot be just skipped because you are in the hurry.
The law must protect the interest of Canada and all Canadians first before taking
under consideration the interest of foreign individual.

Yes, processing officer can finalize the application within few hours after all the
papers are on his or her desk and this is exactly how final decision is being made.
But the process leading to that final decision must go through all the required steps
and what you are submitting with the application is just the part of what has to be
checked out.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending an email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jun 9th 2001, 6:53 pm
Jimy

Easier said than done. All right fine then why would my application be delayed
because the Canadian embassy where my application is at right now is doing some
construction. Even their web site tells you that you need to expect major delays. The
exact wording is:

"Processing times will be significantly affected by a major construction project to
begin in June 2001 and ending in January 2002. "

Should it be my problem to wait for an additional 3-4 months before I see my wife
because they want to do construction. With all due respect Mr. Andrew what you said
earlier about protecting the rights of Canadian is fine but this has nothing to do
with the rights of the Canadians. It took the CPC here in Canada 2 months to tell me
that I can bring my wife and then it will take another government agency 12 months to
tell me that my wife can come....give me a break.

P.S.reference site is http://www.canembdam.org/processe.htm

>
    >
    >
    >
year to
    >
    >
    >
and
    >
tasks
    >
are in
    >
first
    >
    >
    >
after all
    >
is
    >
all
    >
just the
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > 99% of ALL spousal sponsorship are legitimate so why does a HUMAN BEING need to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > wait 6, 9, 12,18 months to be with his/her spouse. This is utterly stupid.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Something else the government forgot to take[/usenetquote2]
into
[usenetquote2]> > consideration when they wrote this immigration act that such a long waiting[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > period might and will have an adverse effects on the relationship between two[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > people separated for a long time. Come on an immigration officer from Canada can[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > finalize an entire application in[/usenetquote2]
few
[usenetquote2]> > hours when all the paper work needed is in front of him. This government always[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > assumes the worse in people for some reason. Would it[/usenetquote2]
be
[usenetquote2]> > faster if we sent them the video tape of the wedding reception or 400 wedding[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > pictures or the honeymoon video tape to make this process faster. Honestly we are[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > in 2001 and such a process should not take that long especially when you are[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > sponsoring a wife. What is funny[/usenetquote2]
is
[usenetquote2]> > that it took me 6 months to come to this country as an independent immigrant (the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > entire process) BUT it will take my wife 12 months and probably longer to get[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > here. Immigration act my _ _ _.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]

Old Jun 9th 2001, 7:12 pm
Andrew Miller

Construction affects processing time as the part of available work space is out of
commission, so less officers can process applications. Also bear in mind that
Damascus has a huge backlog of applications (some of them have already been rerouted
to other offices for completion) due to major investigation conducted last year in
Damascus visa post thanks to thousands of applicants who have submitted fake
documents. Your wife's application has to wait for it's turn and from what you can
see on Damascus visa post website the estimated waiting time for interviews in
Family class cases is about 15 to 27 months shorter than for those in Independent
and Business categories, so spousal applications receive a preferential treatment
after all...

--

../..

sending an email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > The legitimacy of the marriage is only one of many factors that must be verified[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > during application process - each applicant must undergo background/security and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > medical checks as well. In some countries background/security check alone can[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > take from few months to well over a[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > conclude.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > All efforts are being made to speed up the process of spousal applications[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > the goal is to have majority of them processed in under 6 months, but all[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > of the process must be performed and cannot be just skipped because you[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > the hurry. The law must protect the interest of Canada and all Canadians[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > before taking under consideration the interest of foreign individual.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Yes, processing officer can finalize the application within few hours[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > the papers are on his or her desk and this is exactly how final decision[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > being made. But the process leading to that final decision must go through[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > the required steps and what you are submitting with the application is[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > part of what has to be checked out.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ../..[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > [email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > sending an email)[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > ________________________________[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > 99% of ALL spousal sponsorship are legitimate so why does a HUMAN BEING need to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > wait 6, 9, 12,18 months to be with his/her spouse. This is utterly stupid.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Something else the government forgot to take[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > consideration when they wrote this immigration act that such a long waiting[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > period might and will have an adverse effects on the relationship between two[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > people separated for a long time. Come on an immigration officer from Canada[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > can finalize an entire application in[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > hours when all the paper work needed is in front of him. This government always[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > assumes the worse in people for some reason. Would it[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > faster if we sent them the video tape of the wedding reception or 400 wedding[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > pictures or the honeymoon video tape to make this process faster. Honestly we[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > are in 2001 and such a process should not take that long especially when you[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > are sponsoring a wife. What is funny[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]> > > that it took me 6 months to come to this country as an independent immigrant[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > (the entire process) BUT it will take my wife 12 months and probably longer to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > get here. Immigration act my _ _ _.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > >[/usenetquote2]

Old Jun 9th 2001, 7:17 pm
Andrew Miller

As you can see the construction in the Embassy in Tehran doesn't affect spousal cases
- the estimate wait for interview is the same as in Damascus and Amman, while
Independent and Business applicants in Tehran will wait at least full year longer for
interview then those in Damascus and Amman in same categories.

--

../..

sending an email)

>
out
    >
    >
    >
    >
who
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Easier said than done. All right fine then why would my application be delayed[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > because the[/usenetquote2]
Canadian
[usenetquote2]> > embassy where my application is at right now is doing some construction. Even[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > their web site tells you that you need to expect major delays. The exact[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > wording is:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > "Processing times will be significantly affected by a major construction project[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > to begin in June 2001 and ending in January 2002. "[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Should it be my problem to wait for an additional 3-4 months before I see[/usenetquote2]
my
[usenetquote2]> > wife because they want to do construction. With all due respect Mr. Andrew what[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > you said earlier about protecting the rights of Canadian is fine but this has[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > nothing to do with the rights of the Canadians. It took the CPC here in Canada 2[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > months to tell me that I[/usenetquote2]
can
[usenetquote2]> > bring my wife and then it will take another government agency 12 months to tell[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > me that my wife can come....give me a break.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > P.S.reference site is http://www.canembdam.org/processe.htm[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > The legitimacy of the marriage is only one of many factors that must be[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > verified during application process - each applicant must undergo[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > background/security and medical checks as well. In some countries[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > background/security check alone can take from few months to well over a[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > year to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > conclude.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > All efforts are being made to speed up the process of spousal[/usenetquote2]
applications
[usenetquote2]> > and[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > the goal is to have majority of them processed in under 6 months, but all[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > tasks[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > of the process must be performed and cannot be just skipped because you[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > are in[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > the hurry. The law must protect the interest of Canada and all Canadians[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > first[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > before taking under consideration the interest of foreign individual.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Yes, processing officer can finalize the application within few hours[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > after all[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > the papers are on his or her desk and this is exactly how final decision[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > is[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > being made. But the process leading to that final decision must go[/usenetquote2]
through
[usenetquote2]> > all[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > the required steps and what you are submitting with the application is[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > just the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > part of what has to be checked out.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > --[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > ../..[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > [email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > sending an[/usenetquote2]
email)
[usenetquote2]> > > ________________________________[/usenetquote2]

[usenetquote2]> > > > 99% of ALL spousal sponsorship are legitimate so why does a HUMAN[/usenetquote2]
BEING
[usenetquote2]> > > > need to wait 6, 9, 12,18 months to be with his/her spouse. This is utterly[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > stupid. Something else the government forgot to take[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > into[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > consideration when they wrote this immigration act that such a long waiting[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > period might and will have an adverse effects on the relationship between two[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > people separated for a long time. Come on an immigration officer from Canada[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > can finalize an entire application[/usenetquote2]
in
[usenetquote2]> > few[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > hours when all the paper work needed is in front of him. This government[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > always assumes the worse in people for some reason. Would it[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > be[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > faster if we sent them the video tape of the wedding reception or 400 wedding[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > pictures or the honeymoon video tape to make this process faster. Honestly we[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > are in 2001 and such a process should not take that long especially when you[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > are sponsoring a wife. What is funny[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > is[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > that it took me 6 months to come to this country as an independent immigrant[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > (the entire process) BUT it will take my wife 12 months and probably longer[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > > to get here. Immigration act my _ _ _.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > > >[/usenetquote2]