Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

What if PPR Letter is lost ..............

What if PPR Letter is lost ..............

Old Jan 12th 2006, 7:34 pm
London, UK

newlooks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What if PPR Letter is lost ..............

Hello,

A friend of mine in USA received PPR for me on Jan 06, 2006 He mailed me PPR letter on Jan 07, 2006. The destination of the letter is London, UK. As of today i have not received the letter yet. I am just wondering if God forbid it is lost in the mail, can i still go and get my passport stamped in Buffalo. I have booked my flight to travel on Jan 25 and hopeing to get the visa on Jan 26.

Guys, who already had their visas from buffalo, please comment. Can i take copy of PPR letter or it must be original.

Ali
Old Jan 12th 2006, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What if PPR Letter is lost ..............

Originally Posted by newlooks
Hello,

A friend of mine in USA received PPR for me on Jan 06, 2006 He mailed me PPR letter on Jan 07, 2006. The destination of the letter is London, UK. As of today i have not received the letter yet. I am just wondering if God forbid it is lost in the mail, can i still go and get my passport stamped in Buffalo. I have booked my flight to travel on Jan 25 and hopeing to get the visa on Jan 26.

Guys, who already had their visas from buffalo, please comment. Can i take copy of PPR letter or it must be original.

Ali

Did you freind not send it via UPS or Fedex so you could track it? or please tell me he insured it at least? seeing as it was probably the most important peice of paper youl have apart from your own passport?
Old Jan 12th 2006, 7:45 pm
London, UK

Originally Posted by britishvixen21
Did you freind not send it via UPS or Fedex so you could track it? or please tell me he insured it at least? seeing as it was probably the most important peice of paper youl have apart from your own passport?

Hi,

Unfortunately he sent it by regular mail. I hope i get it

Ali
Old Jan 12th 2006, 8:11 pm
We make IT happening

aat147 will become famous soon enoughaat147 will become famous soon enough

Hi Ali,
It's nice to hear that your PPR is out now but sad to hear that it’s not in your hands yet. Why you let your friend to mail it through regular post instead he can use some secured way.
I am not sure what they normally send in PPR letter as they request my passport via phone. If it’s just a passport request letter then I think you should proceed to visa post and get the visa and COPR. Good Luck with every thing.

One thing more; did your friend open the letter or not if not, then your not sure either visa office told to bring some documents along with passport or not. Normally sometime they need latest proof of funds and photos etc. Its better to call visa office and inquire.

Last edited by aat147; Jan 12th 2006 at 8:20 pm.
Old Jan 12th 2006, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

stubby1974 has a spectacular aura aboutstubby1974 has a spectacular aura aboutstubby1974 has a spectacular aura about

7th was saturday - they dont process international mail sat/sun so it would has started on its route on monday - its only thursday and you NEED to give them at LEAST 10 days before getting worried... i find that normal airmail (i hope he sent it airmail) takes about 8 days froim usa to here
Old Jan 13th 2006, 12:14 am
Just Joined

Jaztime is an unknown quantity at this point

Did your friend make a photocopy of the PPR letter? If he did, he can fax you a copy of the PPR and you can use that for the visa stamping. I read somewhere in a forum that one can use a copy of PPR to get passport stamped. Hope you get your mail soon. Good Luck!
Old Jan 13th 2006, 12:59 pm
We make IT happening

aat147 will become famous soon enoughaat147 will become famous soon enough

Can any body tell me, Why he need a copy of PPR letter? as its just a notification that all is set and visa office need passport(s); such a request can be a signed letter or a phone call from CIC. If his friend is sure that it was a PPR letter then he can proceed to visa office for stamp without any copy of PPR letter. But he have to call visa office and state it and inquire about any required document(s) to bring along.

Last edited by aat147; Jan 13th 2006 at 2:19 pm.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 1:23 pm
Finally it happened

pattu has a spectacular aura aboutpattu has a spectacular aura aboutpattu has a spectacular aura about

Hello,

He mailed me PPR letter on Jan 07, 2006. The destination of the letter is London, UK. As of today i have not received the letter yet.
Ali
Hi Ali:

Just to let you know that my PPR was mailed (postmark on the envelop) to me from Buffalo on Dec 22 and it took exactly 21 days to reach my address in Canada.

So, wait for a while and I'm sure you will get it.
Old Jan 13th 2006, 5:19 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Ali
I can understand your anxiety but I think its nothing to worry about as yet~ It can take around 7-10 days or even more for a regular mail to reach UK from the US.
Old Jan 15th 2006, 11:03 am
London, UK

Originally Posted by amancharan
I can understand your anxiety but I think its nothing to worry about as yet~ It can take around 7-10 days or even more for a regular mail to reach UK from the US.

Dear All,

Thanks for your support during my wait. I finally receive the PPR letter from USA on satruday. This letter is very important as it says on it "You must bring this letter" or "You must mail it with your passport" so it is sigh of relief after getting it.

The other news is that I emailed Buffalo few days ago that i want to come in person on Jan 26, 06 for passport stamping. I got a reply

"You must land before Feb 04, 2006"

My medical expired in Aug 2005 I am planning to land on the same day i stamp my passport i.e Jan 26, 2006. I am worried about my wife and son landing. The Medical expiry date of my wife's medical is Feb 04, 2006 and my son's medical expiry date is July 09, 2006.

My question for expert is that do they have to land before Feb 04 or can their visa expiry date may be different than mine. Please note I am principal applicant.

PATTU: Please proceed to buffalo ASAP as it is quite possible that you have to land by Feb 2006 as ur medical also expired in Aug 2005. Please keep us posted if u hear anything meanwhile.

Good luck

Ali
Old Jan 15th 2006, 4:55 pm
Tab
Forum Regular

Tab is on a distinguished road

I think your dependants may need to land before the expiration of their medicals--but if I were you I would email Buffalo and ask them this question explicitly. After all you have invested it would be best to proceed on solid information.