Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

What if immigration visa expire for dependents

What if immigration visa expire for dependents

Old Jan 11th 2005, 12:46 pm
ibi
Just Joined

ibi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What if immigration visa expire for dependents

Hi Experts;
My wife and I and my two sons are supposed to land in Canada before March 2005. I have been thinking lately to go to Canada by myself and leave my family behind. If I do so, and decide to take them latre to Canada after the immigration visa expire; what are my options for having my family joining me after their immigration expire?
Thanks
Old Jan 11th 2005, 3:12 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What if immigration visa expire for dependents

Hi

Originally Posted by ibi
Hi Experts;
My wife and I and my two sons are supposed to land in Canada before March 2005. I have been thinking lately to go to Canada by myself and leave my family behind. If I do so, and decide to take them latre to Canada after the immigration visa expire; what are my options for having my family joining me after their immigration expire?
Thanks
If their visas expire, then you will have to sponsor them from Canada, new fees, new meds, new PCCs. I would suggest that they land, then they can return home, as long as they are able to meet the 2/5 residency. You will save yourself a lot of grief and time.

PMM
Old Jan 11th 2005, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Aspirant2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

You would have to apply all over again for your wife and 2 sons, this time as a "dependent". New set of application processing fees, new medicals, the whole 9 yards.

The safest bet is for all to land together, paperwork is easier that way.

-Aspirant2000

Originally Posted by ibi
Hi Experts;
Thanks
Old Jan 11th 2005, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Aspirant2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Guess PMM and I were replying to this simultaneously....

-Aspirant2000

Originally Posted by Aspirant2000
You would have to apply all over again for your wife and 2 sons, this time as a "dependent". New set of application processing fees, new medicals, the whole 9 yards.

The safest bet is for all to land together, paperwork is easier that way.

-Aspirant2000