Wikiposts

What do we do?

Old Sep 7th 2009, 11:55 am
Kent to (hopefully) Banff

neilrufc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What do we do?

Thats okay - have to say - we have learned some valuable lessons in life since we took the mortgage. We will have to write the payment made to BUNAC off and hope for a quick sale but we will wait and see.

The visa thing has been very on and off. I recieved a police caution 9 and a half years back and thought that would mess our application up. When the ACPO check arrived, NO TRACE was shown on the police check - hey hey hey

I was honest on the application form as I am one of these people that can not live with lieing and know that I would just sit and worry about what would happen - anxiety problems.

Medical requests in for my Wife (due to the employment she wishes to do) so looks like we have been formally accepted as she would be inadmissable also.

It's a big fight immigration and not as straight forward as one would hope.

If we had to cancel the BUNAC visa due to problems, if we could, we have 2 options - re-apply for the BUNAC or go down the skilled visa option. (could anyone else suggest a visa possible for us please?)

The skilled visa - my Wife is skill level B in Childcare. What I understand is - points have to be met and also a arrange employment contract required.

To me, no house to come back to - means we can go for longer and if it does not work out, we come back to the UK, rent and start a family.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Vancouver, BC (originally from Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire)
adele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond reputeadele has a reputation beyond repute

As long as you formally cancel your BUNAC visa without entering Canada and activating it then you will regain your right to reapply the following year (assuming you still meet the BUNAC criteria at that time of course, including the age requirement). It'd be a fresh start with fees to pay etc.

I cancelled my non-student BUNAC visa in late 2007 and was told I could re-apply another time as I hadn't used it. In the end it didn't matter as I got my PR visa a few months later anyway.

Good luck whatever you decide to do
Old Sep 7th 2009, 6:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neilrufc
If we had to cancel the BUNAC visa due to problems, if we could, we have 2 options - re-apply for the BUNAC or go down the skilled visa option. (could anyone else suggest a visa possible for us please?)

The skilled visa - my Wife is skill level B in Childcare. What I understand is - points have to be met and also a arrange employment contract required.
You're absolutely right, one of you would need a job offer approved by HRSDC (so with an AEO or LMO), plus the minimum points, and meet the other criteria (i.e. pass the medical, etc) to get a SW visa.

Basically, from what you've said your only option is for one of your to try and get your employer to apply for LMO as soon as possible after starting work (bear in mind they can take up to 6 months, so you need to get cracking), so you can then extend your Bunac by getting a TWP. Then you can apply for PR via either PNP or SW system.

Details of all of the above in the Wiki, but have a read and then shout with any specific questions - if you do a search you'll find lots of threads about those on Bunac trying to get PR and there are several on here who have done it.

Good luck.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 8:56 pm
Kent to (hopefully) Banff

neilrufc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Thank for your replies!

Adele - brilliant - Thankyou it's good to hear. We will be 31 next year (Septemeber is the nearest Birthday) so still have time to travel if we re-applied.

Thanks Chrismasoompa - Thankyou for that information.

The manager of one of daycare centres mentioned that childcare is really in demand and there will be options availabe for her - work wise.

Through PNP / SW Visa - would a spouse visa be available?