Wikiposts

What a day!!

Old Apr 28th 2005, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

kki6 is on a distinguished road
Default What a day!!

People

I finally landed in Canada 2 days ago. Firstly, I checked the CIC website and its been updated already to read 'completed' - how impressive!!

The flight was smooth and nice. However, on landing in Canada, we weren't allowed to de-board until Customs Officers checked that everyone had a passport. I guess that was to ensure asylum seekers didn't destroy their travel documents but I'm not 100% sure.

In the main, the landing arrangements went smoothly except I will advise people in a hurry not to land in Ottawa as it took me more than 2 and half hours to complete the landing process. i was told by a customs officer that I was just inlucky as 3 big 'flights' arrived together. Not sure if that was just a line he sold me!

Everything else was brilliant. Nice to see the diversity that the Canadian immigration system encouraged.

In summary the process went thus: Customs>Immigration>Customs!!

Good luck to all those waiting for results and best wishes to those preparing to land and start a new life in Canada.

By the way, I recommend HSBC for anyone wanting to open an account.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 9:06 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What a day!!

Originally Posted by kki6
People

I finally landed in Canada 2 days ago. Firstly, I checked the CIC website and its been updated already to read 'completed' - how impressive!!

The flight was smooth and nice. However, on landing in Canada, we weren't allowed to de-board until Customs Officers checked that everyone had a passport. I guess that was to ensure asylum seekers didn't destroy their travel documents but I'm not 100% sure.

In the main, the landing arrangements went smoothly except I will advise people in a hurry not to land in Ottawa as it took me more than 2 and half hours to complete the landing process. i was told by a customs officer that I was just inlucky as 3 big 'flights' arrived together. Not sure if that was just a line he sold me!

Everything else was brilliant. Nice to see the diversity that the Canadian immigration system encouraged.

In summary the process went thus: Customs>Immigration>Customs!!

Good luck to all those waiting for results and best wishes to those preparing to land and start a new life in Canada.

By the way, I recommend HSBC for anyone wanting to open an account.
SOOOOOO happy for u kki....
so, u landed in Ottawa? I thought u will be landing in Montreal?
Anyways, its a nice thing to hear when u are about to land in 3 days time.... I think the customs at MOntreal would be the same too
anyways man, cheers on ur smooth landing and enjoy ur time for the moment before looking for a job....
I am landing on 2nd and hopefully, it would be smooth too
cheers
Old Apr 28th 2005, 10:41 am
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

Glad you made it, good luck.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 2:12 pm
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Great news! A successful landing. Good luck with your new life.
Old Apr 29th 2005, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

AnnetteL is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations!
Old Apr 29th 2005, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

kki6 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by amancharan
SOOOOOO happy for u kki....
so, u landed in Ottawa? I thought u will be landing in Montreal?
Anyways, its a nice thing to hear when u are about to land in 3 days time.... I think the customs at MOntreal would be the same too
anyways man, cheers on ur smooth landing and enjoy ur time for the moment before looking for a job....
I am landing on 2nd and hopefully, it would be smooth too
cheers
Thanks guys for your kind words. I'm still on a rollercoaster here. Everything has gone so smoothly.

Amy, I was advised to land outside Montreal as we decided on settling in Montreal after my application. I moved to Montreal a day after landing although I applied for my SIN in Ottawa.

Things are looking good I hope you have a lot less stressful landing. Might be lucky and not have the 3 flights landing together!!