Medical test. TB Test

Old Apr 22nd 2005, 8:14 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 201
MadHatters will become famous soon enoughMadHatters will become famous soon enough
Default Medical test. TB Test

Does anyone have got positive TB test and the X-Ray chest fine (no active TB). Does this delay the isuance of PR?
MadHatters is offline  
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 9:07 pm
  #2  
BE Forum Addict
 
Maple Leaf's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: vancouver island! BC Canada~ Lovin it!
Posts: 1,883
Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Medical test. TB Test

Originally Posted by MadHatters
Does anyone have got positive TB test and the X-Ray chest fine (no active TB). Does this delay the isuance of PR?
errr am not quite sure about this..but from what i am learning on here it may mean they will ask for further details from Dr etc.before they make an actual decision..i do know that TB is one of the medical conditions that they do take seriously...

..good luck
Maple Leaf is offline  
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 2:37 am
  #3  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 77
Tarik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical test. TB Test

Where are you from first of all?
Which test do you mean by "TB test"-TST (tuberculin skin test"?
In some instances TST is not reliable at all. If you had BCG vaccine earlier in life, this skin test will always turn positive (red bump under the skin). For example, anti-BCG vaccination was commonplace in USSR, however in North America it is rarely administered.
Depending on the size of the bump, MDs determine the reaction of your immune system to the tuberculin.
If the Xray showed no active open TB, then I dont think there are reason to worry. It is estimated that about 1/3 of the worlds population has contracted a TB strain. However, only a tiny percentage of those people develop active TB in one form or the other (lung TB being the most common and contagious).
Tarik is offline  
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 4:53 am
  #4  
Deep in the red C.
 
Iginla's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,663
Iginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical test. TB Test

Originally Posted by Tarik
If the Xray showed no active open TB, then I dont think there are reason to worry.
Yep, completely right. Should be no problem.

What I found surprising was that when I first arrived here under a temporary work visa for healthcare work which I had a full medical for as opposed to my wife who didn't have to undergo one (pre-requisite for anyone wroking in healthcare) was that when I started my job I had to undergo another completely full medical.

When I asked the OHS nurse what was the point of my medical in London she rolled her eyes and said that basically it was a complete waste of my money and I shouldn't have bothered as they have been trying for years to get medical results from CIC to prevent duplication of tests and lower costs but CIC refuse to release the results.

So, WTF was the point of me having the medicals in the first place for a temporary visa?
Iginla is offline  
Old Apr 23rd 2005, 10:06 am
  #5  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 1,664
TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical test. TB Test

Originally Posted by Iginla
Yep, completely right. Should be no problem.

What I found surprising was that when I first arrived here under a temporary work visa for healthcare work which I had a full medical for as opposed to my wife who didn't have to undergo one (pre-requisite for anyone wroking in healthcare) was that when I started my job I had to undergo another completely full medical.

When I asked the OHS nurse what was the point of my medical in London she rolled her eyes and said that basically it was a complete waste of my money and I shouldn't have bothered as they have been trying for years to get medical results from CIC to prevent duplication of tests and lower costs but CIC refuse to release the results.

So, WTF was the point of me having the medicals in the first place for a temporary visa?
Hi

Just wanted to be nosy and ask what filed of healthcare you're in - I'm hoping to work as an OT when I get over the pond. I had a job offer, but it fell through a few weeks ago as they couldn't hold it open for me any longer (had held it since Nov 04).

TrishB
TrishP is offline  
Old Apr 30th 2005, 12:14 am
  #6  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 16
Migri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical test. TB Test

Originally Posted by MadHatters
Does anyone have got positive TB test and the X-Ray chest fine (no active TB). Does this delay the isuance of PR?

MadHatters,
I have a similar problem. I have the forms and I am waiting and praying. Have you taken the medicals yet? If yes, have u told the DMP about it? Has a skin test been administered?
Thanks, mate!
Migri is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.