Wikiposts

we,re here !!!

Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: we,re here !!!

Hooray- good luck with the next few days! maybe see you in the summer!
Old Apr 12th 2007, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

NikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant futureNikkiNu has a brilliant future

Mandi - Good luck to you and your family in Calgary.
Nik
Old Apr 12th 2007, 10:58 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mandi moo
hi everyone,well we made it safe and sound. we applied for the wp at the airport and it was very straight forward.they asked for the lmo,job offer and letter from aiit and that was it.then they asked me if i wanted to work ( cant believe i said yes ) haha. they gave me an open work permit aswell.
i asked about the kids study permits and hse said because we were there on oh wp they were entitled to go to school witout a permit. so we paid the $300 and were on our way.
we booked into the hotel and its really nice,but we all fell asleep and were up wode eyed and bushy tailed at 3am
got alot to do in the next few days,trying still to sort out a house etc but i,ll be back on in a few days to let you know how it goes.
good luck to the others who on there way,hope this helped abit
Welcome to Canada in general and Calgary in particular.

I hope the house hunt is not too stressful and that everything else goes as smoothly as your arrival.

Cheers
Steve
Old Apr 12th 2007, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

mandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to behold
Cool Re: we,re here !!!

thanks everyone,it was great to see all the replies so soon. we,ve had a great day driving around,and getting lost haha. Saw some great areas to live so im now going to see if they have any rentals and spend the next few days hopefully viewing.
The AIIT letter is from alberta education to say that they recognise darrens cerificates in plumbing and that he can sit an exam here in calgary
Its a beautifull place and the mountains...wow,i cant wiat to go there.
We,re all exhausted and ratty but still enjoying every bit of it.
Speak to you all soon,hopefully from the comfort of our own house

Take Care

Mandi xxxx
Old Apr 12th 2007, 2:16 pm
...in these shoes?

ellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to behold

Well done mandi, good luck with your house hunt
Old Apr 12th 2007, 3:36 pm
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

Hiya Mandi

Glad to hear you arrived safe and well. Get yourself an MLS map to find your way around, although with all the building going on in Calgary it will be out of date in no time, but at least you will have a better idea where you are!

Hope you get over the jet lag soon and now that you're here dont forget to join the C of Red and cheer on our Flames all the way to the Stanley Cup. Flames fever is about to hit big time (even after tonights loss )
and the atmosphere round town will be FAB!

Best of luck with your new start
Best wishes
Tanya
Old Apr 12th 2007, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Canada and I hope you all will find your dream home
soon.:
Yoong
Old Apr 13th 2007, 6:25 am
Suzy Q

Suzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud of

Glad you arrived safe and sound. Hope the coming weeks go smoothly for you and Canada is everything you hoped for and more.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 10:07 am

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point

hi everyone,well we made it safe and sound. we applied for the wp at the airport and it was very straight forward.they asked for the lmo,job offer and letter from aiit and that was it.then they asked me if i wanted to work ( cant believe i said yes ) haha. they gave me an open work permit aswell.
i asked about the kids study permits and hse said because we were there on oh wp they were entitled to go to school witout a permit. so we paid the $300 and were on our way.
we booked into the hotel and its really nice,but we all fell asleep and were up wode eyed and bushy tailed at 3am
got alot to do in the next few days,trying still to sort out a house etc but i,ll be back on in a few days to let you know how it goes.
good luck to the others who on there way,hope this helped abit
Glad its going well for you can't wait to hear more.

Emma x
Old Apr 14th 2007, 8:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats mandi - (didn't see this thread till now, sorry) - best wishes to all of you and hoping your knackerdness and ratiness passes quickly (know that feeling) ! - might see you for that drink next week ?

Hope it all goes really, really well from here on in - cheers !
Old Apr 15th 2007, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

1725tell is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mandy and family

Glad to here everything went well at immigration for you. Have you got over the jet lag yet? I haven't! Weve been so busy trying to find the right location for our house, still undecided which community. Have you got anywhere to rent yet?

We've met up with some ex pats already all with positive stories and are meeting up with more like us coming to Calgary soon on 18th at 12pm at Moxies (Sandman Hotel) 7th Ave junction 8th St SW downtown if you fancy it. We can exchange any info we might both have gathered.

Glad you like Calgary!

Tracey & Bob
Old Apr 18th 2007, 4:39 am
BE Enthusiast

mandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to beholdmandi moo is a splendid one to behold
Cool Re: we,re here !!!

Hi everyone.what a hectic few days we have had!!!
Finaly found a house to rent in Tuscany,which is really nice,be even better once the furniture arrives
Ive had a right carry on getting the internet and phone on,they have literaly just left after connecting the cable!!
We,ve had so much to organise this last week,what with buying things for the house and getting SIN numbers,driving license etc etc.
But now we can relax a bit and go out at the weekend and see some of the sights.(if weather permits).
The next thing is to look for a car,which is boring but a lot less hassle.Hubbie can do that while i read a book haha.
I,ll make all my calls tonight,im sorry if i worried anyone with not getting in touch
Speak to you soon,anyone needing any info on what we,ve been doing this week please feel free to PM me
Take Care
Mandi xxx
Old Apr 18th 2007, 6:49 am
throw caution to the wind

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone.what a hectic few days we have had!!!
Finaly found a house to rent in Tuscany,which is really nice,be even better once the furniture arrives
Ive had a right carry on getting the internet and phone on,they have literaly just left after connecting the cable!!
We,ve had so much to organise this last week,what with buying things for the house and getting SIN numbers,driving license etc etc.
But now we can relax a bit and go out at the weekend and see some of the sights.(if weather permits).
The next thing is to look for a car,which is boring but a lot less hassle.Hubbie can do that while i read a book haha.
I,ll make all my calls tonight,im sorry if i worried anyone with not getting in touch
Speak to you soon,anyone needing any info on what we,ve been doing this week please feel free to PM me
Take Care
Mandi xxx
just sent you a pm