Wanting to move to Canada

Old Apr 23rd 2018, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Wyze187 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wanting to move to Canada

hi everyone, i do apologize if all this has been all been answered before

but
1) do you need to sit IELTS for all the visas
2) If i didn't have enough points for EE, would i still be able to get a visa another way for 2 years plus
3) how high up does working in Security rank on the job front in Canada

thanks in advance
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 10:00 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wanting to move to Canada

Hi, and welcome to BE.

1. No, not all visas.
2. Possibly, but much more info needed to be able to advise properly. How short on points for EE are you currently? What do you do, how old are you, what is your highest education level, if you have a spouse the same questions about them, etc. Which province do you want to move to?
3. I can't imagine very high, you may find jobs like that require citizenship, but not really sure what you mean by 'high up in security'? If you can clarify, somebody in the same industry may be able to advise.

I'll move your thread to the immi section of the forum as it's mainly about visas, but you may want to start a new thread with any questions about employment so that they're not missed on a thread there.

For info on what part of the forum is for what, have a read of the sticky thread on the main page of the forum (or link in my signature) which will give you hints and tips.

HTH, good luck.
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 10:31 am
Just Joined

Only got 249 points, airport security, before that postal service, I am 29, no spouse
As in how high would airport security rank on the job front I am guessing not much as it is level C

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi, and welcome to BE.

1. No, not all visas.
2. Possibly, but much more info needed to be able to advise properly. How short on points for EE are you currently? What do you do, how old are you, what is your highest education level, if you have a spouse the same questions about them, etc. Which province do you want to move to?
3. I can't imagine very high, you may find jobs like that require citizenship, but not really sure what you mean by 'high up in security'? If you can clarify, somebody in the same industry may be able to advise.

I'll move your thread to the immi section of the forum as it's mainly about visas, but you may want to start a new thread with any questions about employment so that they're not missed on a thread there.

For info on what part of the forum is for what, have a read of the sticky thread on the main page of the forum (or link in my signature) which will give you hints and tips.

HTH, good luck.
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 10:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wyze187
Only got 249 points, airport security, before that postal service, I am 29, no spouse
Oh crikey. That's incredibly low, are you sure that's right? Particularly as you're so young so would be scoring max points for age. I'd double check that.

Originally Posted by Wyze187
As in how high would airport security rank on the job front I am guessing not much as it is level C
Ah, not at all then I'm afraid. Skill Level C is classed as semi-skilled, which means you can't apply under EE now anyway, so the points aren't relevant.

You'll need to look at other visa options, one that could work well is the IEC visa, which is a 2 year open work permit for those aged 30 and under. You could try and find a skilled job whilst there on an IEC, which would help with a PR app.

If you wish to stay in the same job, then if you do go down that route, make sure that whatever you do, you go to a province with a 'semi-skilled' stream under their PNP, as you wouldn't be able to apply for PR in other provinces. So for instance, a province like Ontario you couldn't get PR (unless you changed occupation to a skilled job), so best to avoid there if you think you might want to stay permanently.

And in answer to your first question, you wouldn't need IELTS for the IEC visa, but you would to apply for PR - those applying under a PNP and in Skill Level C or D jobs have to sit IELTS for their application.

HTH, good luck.
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 10:50 am
Just Joined

Yeah knew my points were low, thank you for the advice 😀 I do appreciate it
I will come back if I have any other questions