Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Waiting on LMO but I don't think we will get a positive

Waiting on LMO but I don't think we will get a positive

Old Feb 15th 2010, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

oliverjude will become famous soon enougholiverjude will become famous soon enough
Default Waiting on LMO but I don't think we will get a positive

We have been waiting for a LMO for 3 weeks now but I don't think we will get a positive response. The job is for antique fireplace restoration which is what my husband does but I don't think is something the gov need.

I hate waiting feels like our life is on hold. We have wanted to go for 2 years now and could believe it when we saw the job advertised.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Waiting on LMO but I don't think we will get a positive

It was my understanding that the LMO was a process to ensure that Canadian's have priority for job applications over immigrants. So if your prospective employer is unable to fill the role with a Canadian within a certain time and effort, then there shouldn't be any reason why they won't grant the LMO.

I was granted LMO for an IT role in Halifax NS, and I'm pretty sure that there isn't shortage of IT candidates here. I can only assume mine was granted based on my specific skills and experience which may be harder to come by here.

I wish I could advise how long your LMO is going to take. Some take months, mine took 2 days (but then our nice HR person had a good contact)

Good luck!