The wait is finally over

Old Aug 6th 2007, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

Angel2k6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The wait is finally over

Below is our timeline for London - Outside Family Class Sponsorship:

First Medical: May 25, 2006 (This was sent to Mississauga with initial application along with RCMP Check and Australian Police Check)

Initial Application Date: July 5, 2006(Sent my application to sponsor my husband to Mississauga)

Sponsorship approved: August 15, 2006

AOR: August 31

Additional Documents Requested: May 16, 2007 (they requested another medical, proof of his income and wanted another Australian police check - they didn't believe the first Aus check was an original, eventhough it was)

Second Medical: June 1, 2007

Documents Sent: June 19, 2007 (Everything sent except another Australian police check. Instead he provided our DIO with contact information to confirm the Australian police check was an original)

ECAS Changed: July 16, 2007 - Ecas indicates that medical was received and a decision was made. A letter was sent regarding the decision.

PPR: July 18, 2007 - He received a letter requesting his Passport.

Visa: August 6, 2007

I am so relieved that it's over. It has definitely been a very trying year and then some. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 8:48 pm

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The wait is finally over

Originally Posted by Angel2k6
Below is our timeline for London - Outside Family Class Sponsorship:

First Medical: May 25, 2006 (This was sent to Mississauga with initial application along with RCMP Check and Australian Police Check)

Initial Application Date: July 5, 2006(Sent my application to sponsor my husband to Mississauga)

Sponsorship approved: August 15, 2006

AOR: August 31

Additional Documents Requested: May 16, 2007 (they requested another medical, proof of his income and wanted another Australian police check - they didn't believe the first Aus check was an original, eventhough it was)

Second Medical: June 1, 2007

Documents Sent: June 19, 2007 (Everything sent except another Australian police check. Instead he provided our DIO with contact information to confirm the Australian police check was an original)

ECAS Changed: July 16, 2007 - Ecas indicates that medical was received and a decision was made. A letter was sent regarding the decision.

PPR: July 18, 2007 - He received a letter requesting his Passport.

Visa: August 6, 2007

I am so relieved that it's over. It has definitely been a very trying year and then some. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.
Congratulations
Wishing you the very best of luck on your new life
Now you can celebrate
Terese
Old Aug 7th 2007, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

newshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond reputenewshoney has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Angel2k6,
So glad your wait is over... like you we have seen our application delayed by a request for more info, and when you see so many others on this site get their family class visas faster (some within a couple of months) it's so frustrating. There are times when I gnash my teeth with envy at yet another "boyfriend-girlfriend" combo getting the okay within weeks, while married couples and their children can sometimes be forced to live apart for months, while jumping through all kinds of hoops (often unnecessary) which delay the process interminably and cause major extra expense.

Very best of luck. Normal married life will soon resume... after all the stress of the immigration process, will it all be sooo sedate?
Old Aug 7th 2007, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

~*~*congratulations*~*~*~.......it is such a relief isn't it.?..to know you get back to some kind of normality.

i am an aussie here with my Canadian husband...it took us a little longer than a year to finaly have everything settled. we did inland application.

time dpes go quickly tho. i have been landed now since january, i have my BC licence and BC health Care Card. finaly!!!

good luck to you both. hope you will continue to be on the boards here. i could do with another aussie POV at times aswell..heheee
Old Aug 8th 2007, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The Vancouver Suburbs... for the next few years anyway!
The TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud of

Congrats Angel!!!!

I'm so happy for you that it all worked out in the end!

Hope you are all very happy in Canada!
Old Aug 8th 2007, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Angel2k6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone
We are all very relieved the process is over. I'm sure as everyone else knows here, your life is put on hold for the time you are waiting. We are happy that we will be together again soon and we can finally take our lives off hold.
It will be soooooo nice!