Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

The wait begins!! (spousal application)

Wikiposts

The wait begins!! (spousal application)

Old Apr 14th 2005, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

newapojim is on a distinguished road
Default The wait begins!! (spousal application)

Greetings to one and all.

My wait starts today.

My wife (she is Canadian, I am British) has couriered our documentation and forms of to Missisagua today, for the start of the wonderful rollercoaster ride.....

I will have to patiently wait in the UK for resuts... as to my knowledge the process will go much quicker..now have to sort out and sell stuff (only in rented accommodation) then wait for the request...

Our timeline as follows...

Married 2nd April 2005 (in Canada)
Medical done 4th April 2005..all ok!!
Police Clearance done March 2005 (brought from UK)
All forms sent to Missisagua 15 April 2005

How long till all id processed...any ideas

I would like to hear from anyone else in our situation, for experience of the whole thing

Thanks
James
Old Apr 15th 2005, 1:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The wait begins!! (spousal application)

At the begining of the threads page..there is a READ ME : Canadian Immigration Essentials. Clicking on this leads you to the CIC site.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/departm...c-spouses.html

Also there is a search feature. You are able to search this forum.

Good Luck
Old Apr 15th 2005, 4:22 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newapojim

My wait starts today.

My wife (she is Canadian, I am British) has couriered our documentation and forms of to Missisagua today, for the start of the wonderful rollercoaster ride.....

I will have to patiently wait in the UK for resuts... as to my knowledge the process will go much quicker..now have to sort out and sell stuff (only in rented accommodation) then wait for the request...

I would like to hear from anyone else in our situation, for experience of the whole thing

Thanks
James
Best wishes on ur wait james!
Its an average 6 months procedure, though sometimes it gets done sooner!
best of luck anyways....
Old Apr 15th 2005, 4:35 am
Jenny & Tony

Happydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by newapojim

My wait starts today.

Thanks
James
Good Luck with it all James,

Tony and I are in the same boat, our forms went last week...so we know how your feeling i think...is taken us 9 years to decide to do this, now we just want it done and dusted and to be on our way...we have a house here to sell so its all go as they say :scared: ..anyway keep posting you progress as will we.....may it all happen as fast as you need it to!!
Old Apr 15th 2005, 6:21 am
cat
Just Joined

cat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi newapojim, my wait starts today too! My husband (who is Canadian) and I posted our application forms off to Mississauga this morning. It was a great feeling to finally get them sent! We are living in the UK and hope to be in Canada by Feb. 2006.

Be sure to keep us updated with your progress!

Last edited by cat; Apr 15th 2005 at 6:25 am.