Social Insurance Card

Old Apr 15th 2005, 3:16 am
Just Joined

Wonderlust is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Social Insurance Card

I have a few questions, I hope someone can advise?

Way back in the late 80's early 90's I worked as roadie for various bands, this ment travlling around the world for months on end. I was lucky enough to work in Canada a few times.
Now, I am not sure how but I was issued with a plastic credit card with my Social Insurance Number, which I put in a folder at home and forgot about until a few weeks ago when we decided we wanted to immigrate to CA.

Questions;
Is this SIN number a life long number?
If it is, how will it help me in my application?
Can I find out more about it and where?

Thanks In Advance

Last edited by Wonderlust; Apr 15th 2005 at 3:25 am.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 3:47 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Social Insurance Card

Hi

Originally Posted by Wonderlust
I have a few questions, I hope someone can advise?

Way back in the late 80's early 90's I worked as roadie for various bands, this ment travlling around the world for months on end. I was lucky enough to work in Canada a few times.
Now, I am not sure how but I was issued with a plastic credit card with my Social Insurance Number, which I put in a folder at home and forgot about until a few weeks ago when we decided we wanted to immigrate to CA.

Questions;
Is this SIN number a life long number?
If it is, how will it help me in my application?
Can I find out more about it and where?

Thanks In Advance
Does it start with a "9" if so then it is for non residents, otherwise it is valid, probably should have been returned.

PMM
Old Apr 15th 2005, 3:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Does it start with a "9" if so then it is for non residents, otherwise it is valid, probably should have been returned.

PMM

Yes it starts with a 9, so is it of any use to me ?

WL
Old Apr 15th 2005, 5:09 am
Mission Accomplished !

bubbleface will become famous soon enoughbubbleface will become famous soon enough

http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/gateways/topics/sxn-gxr.shtml

The above link has all the information and necessary forms for you. When you come here again and apply for a new SIN as a PR, you will be issued a new SIN which does not start with 9.

Good luck!
Old Apr 15th 2005, 5:30 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bubbleface
http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/gateways/topics/sxn-gxr.shtml

The above link has all the information and necessary forms for you. When you come here again and apply for a new SIN as a PR, you will be issued a new SIN which does not start with 9.

Good luck!
Thanks for the information. I am still trying to complete the forms, Oh my headache!! Well its Friday and that means time to crack open a bottle of Red!!

All the best
Old Apr 15th 2005, 6:24 am
Mission Accomplished !

bubbleface will become famous soon enoughbubbleface will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Wonderlust
Thanks for the information. I am still trying to complete the forms, Oh my headache!! Well its Friday and that means time to crack open a bottle of Red!!

All the best

Cheers! I just got mine as well!